Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% BT offer on a second Chase Slate?

tag
Reoxys
Established Member

0% BT offer on a second Chase Slate?

I had a Chase Slate, and PCd it to a Freedom a few months ago.

Well, I was fool enough to let my father use one of my credit cards, and he ran the balance up pretty high. Instead of paying me off, he's sending all of his money to some girl he met online. Yeah, he cares more about a perfect stranger than he does about his daughter.

I would like to open up another Slate for the 0% BT fee and 15 mos 0% interest, because I cannot pay the balance on that card all at once. Could I still take advantage of that offer, even though I had a Slate before?

Thanks

Last App: November 12, 2013 - Wally World Discover. No more apps until my albatross (student debt) is gone
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

Re: 0% BT offer on a second Chase Slate?

@Reoxys wrote:

Well, I was fool enough to let my father use one of my credit cards, and he ran the balance up pretty high. Instead of paying me off, he's sending all of his money to some girl he met online. Yeah, he cares more about a perfect stranger than he does about his daughter.

I would like to open up another Slate for the 0% BT fee and 15 mos 0% interest, because I cannot pay the balance on that card all at once. Could I still take advantage of that offer, even though I had a Slate before?

Thanks

+1 bump

Whoa that's terrible. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer but I'm interested if it's possible. I'd love to take advantage of it. I'm sure the answer is no. Stranger things have happened though.

Message 2 of 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Generally, credit card issuers will NOT transfer a balance from themselves to themselves.

You'll need to look at Citi Simplicity, BofA, or some OTHER credit card company for a zero percent offer to transfer away from Chase.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Reoxys wrote:

Thanks

If you are saying he ran up another card (Not your Freedom and not a chase card) YES, check the pre-qual on chase' website and see if your pre-approved for it and you can have it again... they are offering it to my partner, he also moved the CL from a slate over to freedom and closed it last year.

Message 4 of 21
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Generally, credit card issuers will NOT transfer a balance from themselves to themselves.

You'll need to look at Citi Simplicity, BofA, or some OTHER credit card company for a zero percent offer to transfer away from Chase.

Good luck!

Very true. Chase told me this when I opened my Slate. I had no balances with any of their cards but they still mentioned it. 

Message 5 of 21
Reoxys
Established Member

The card with the high balance is one of my Citi cards. What I want to do is open up a new Slate card to transfer the balance to it.

Last App: November 12, 2013 - Wally World Discover. No more apps until my albatross (student debt) is gone
Message 6 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Check pre qual
Message 7 of 21
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Check pre qual or call them
always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 8 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Reoxys wrote:

Thanks

is the girl hot?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

No message...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.