Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% BT offers from Barclays

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: 0% BT offers from Barclays

humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote

There just seems to be wayy more cases of AA and BT being connected with Barclay than with any other lender from reports we have been seeing.

While that may be true you have to consider all of the data. It is not just as if you do a BT with Barclay and automatically AA occurs. Like I always say, any BT results in an account being reviewed. If the results of that review indicate you are a credit risk, things happen. This isn't exclusive to Barclay's. I think we see it more here because most have aggressive credit habits.

If you aren't aggressively seeking credit, shuffling debt around over and over with no decrease in util, etc, you should be fine. That said, I wouldn't do BTs just for the sake of it. Good offer or not, do it if there's a need, don't do it if not.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What ever you do....DO NOT USE THEM!!!! AA will happen and AAA cant help!!!

JkSmiley Happy lol! Sorry SJ, having my morning "joe" and with all the talk of bt's and Barclays, figured id throw some levity around Smiley Happy Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy

Every case is different. The first time I got these checks my limit was $1700. I used one of them for $600. And paid it off in 6 months. On the 6th month I got a CL increase to $3700. By this time i had been getting a bunch of these "convenient"checks. 2 months after paying off my first $600 I took advantage of the direct deposit for $3000. Mind you, that is over 70% of the the total limit. Well it has been 3 months since I used that check and have been pahying it down considerably. Barclays just bumped my limit to $5700. I know I will be using $5k as soon as I am done paying what is left lol

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

There just seem to be wayy more cases of AA and BT being connected with Barclay than with any other lender from reports we have been seeing.

kdm wrote:
While that may be true you have to consider all of the data. It is not just as if you do a BT with Barclay and automatically AA occurs. Like I always say, any BT results in an account being reviewed. If the results of that review indicate you are a credit risk, things happen. This isn't exclusive to Barclay's. I think we see it more here because most have aggressive credit habits.

humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

No one said that AA was automatic with balance transfers, at least not from what I see here. Smiley Happy

And the OP actually didn't plan to do balance transfers just for the sake of it, and not for any real purpose. You may wish to read just a bit more carefully. It still is the case that more instances of AA and BT together are reported here with Barclay than with other lenders, and that is good for OP to be aware of when deciding what to do. Other factors besides BT come into play, certianly; however Barclay does indeed seem to be overly sensitive to other factors. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Runitup wrote:

They are consistently, the most competitive with BT fees. So SJ, by "having fun", do you mean you are going to make origami out of the paper or are you going to take Barclays up on their offer?

Nice one, runitup. I think the first option may be the best one. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What ever you do....DO NOT USE THEM!!!! AA will happen and AAA cant help!!!

JkSmiley Happy lol! Sorry SJ, having my morning "joe" and with all the talk of bt's and Barclays, figured id throw some levity around Smiley Happy Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy

I agree- don't do it!

I've had several positive experiences with BT's with Barclay myself, but always used a VERY (extremely) low % of CL and paid it off within 4 months. I'm not going to do any more going forward with Barclay because I don't want to be worried about it.

There just seems to be wayy more cases of AA and BT being connected with Barclay than with any other lender from reports we have been seeing.

As mentioned in another thread, if we start acting more like John Q Public, this does not seem to happen.  Not even aware if most of population notices or cares about nerfing, lack of churning.  They do not get AA.  If you use the cards as intended, the CSR'a seem to think these "rumors" ( as they call it), are over blown, and they sometimes joke.  Of course, I am not discussing anything about POI with synch, but I do ask Chase about 5/24, and those rumors about AA with barclays.  Pro tip, keep score over 770, likely not to see anything happen.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.