Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 Credit Card Debt!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$0 Credit Card Debt!

Finally paid off all my credit card debt! I had a good month designing websites that I had extra money to put towards paying off my debt.

Military Star Card $1,396.51 PAID

USAA mastercard Platinum $409.11 PAID

USAA Mastercard rewards $200.00 PAID

PenFed Visa $881.33 PAID

NFCU nRewards Visa $38.00 PAID

NFCU Mastercard $702.42 PAID

All of them are now $0.00 Balance, and I'm just waiting for the next billing cycle to show on the credit report. Though I did pull $2K out of my savings to do this, hopefully it  was worth it.

All I have left is a $10K business loan and a $25K personal loan left to pay. However I'm adding $600 to the monthly payment to save on interest. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: $0 Credit Card Debt!

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally paid off all my credit card debt! I had a good month designing websites that I had extra money to put towards paying off my debt.

PenFed Visa $881.33 PAID

All of them are now $0.00 Balance, and I'm just waiting for the next billing cycle to show on the credit report. Though I did pull $2K out of my savings to do this, hopefully it  was worth it.

All I have left is a $10K business loan and a $25K personal loan left to pay. However I'm adding $600 to the monthly payment to save on interest. Smiley Very Happy

That is awesome!!!  Good job!!!!  Keep us posted, would love to know the credit score jump

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!!!

You should def see an increase in your scores, however you would see an even better increase if you left a small balance (5.00) on one of your credit cards to show some util. Most people see their max scores with util 9% and below (My best scores are when I have 1%-4% util) I would reccomend charging a cup of coffee or something on one of your CC's and let that small bal report, your scores will be higher with a 1% util rather than a 0% util.

Congrats again!!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like good advice, i'll try that out!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

I called PenFed and asked if I can get a CL for my Visa from them which is only $2,500. They bumped it up to $10,000 no questions asked! They must have taken notice so quickly Smiley Happy!

Message 5 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

I called PenFed and asked if I can get a CL for my Visa from them which is only $2,500. They bumped it up to $10,000 no questions asked! They must have taken notice so quickly Smiley Happy!

Congrats and Hafa Adai!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed Visa $881.33 PAID

That's awesome!!  I just paid off $15K since April and now have ZERO CC debt.  I will never have CC debt again.  I am done playing that game!!

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 7 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

That is great. Congrats..

Message 8 of 12
poet
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, Guam! I'm looking forward to getting back to zero again in a couple of months... and hope to refi the house and car, assuming the country doesn't go bankrupt first!

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, Guam! Sounds like you're well on your way to being completely debt free!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.