cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% Total Rewards Visa How do I set up auto pay?

tag
bobbay
Established Contributor

0% Total Rewards Visa How do I set up auto pay?

I did a BT now I can't figure out how to set up the autopay.  I also tried to set up scheduled payments and it seems comenity will not let you go more than 30 days ahead to schedule a payment/sSmiley Mad

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bobbay
Established Contributor

Re: 0% Total Rewards Visa How do I set up auto pay?

Thank you for your recent inquiry to our Customer Care Department. Comenity Bank issues your account and responds to all credit related inquiries. I apologize at this time our system is not set up for the automatic payment option. While we are working to update our website, I do not have any information in regards to automatic payments and if or when they might be offered in the future. You will be notified online or by statement message when this option becomes available.....

This is a major red flag to anyone who has a couple of Comenity accounts.  In the past I have only used them once in a while and always PIF so I didnt realize this.  Going forward this is a great reason to trim exposure and SD cards.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@bobbay wrote:

Thank you for your recent inquiry to our Customer Care Department. Comenity Bank issues your account and responds to all credit related inquiries. I apologize at this time our system is not set up for the automatic payment option. While we are working to update our website, I do not have any information in regards to automatic payments and if or when they might be offered in the future. You will be notified online or by statement message when this option becomes available.....

This is a major red flag to anyone who has a couple of Comenity accounts.  In the past I have only used them once in a while and always PIF so I didnt realize this.  Going forward this is a great reason to trim exposure and SD cards.

I'm lost. What does this have to do with multiple Comenity accounts?

Message 3 of 6
bobbay
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

I'm lost. What does this have to do with multiple Comenity accounts?

If they dont allow you to set up auto pay and give out boatloads of cards the chances of a charge you dont see or a payment getting missed and late fees or late to your credit report hitting are significantly higher.  All of my accounts have autopay with the exception of comenity.  I have a busy life and could easily go 4 weeks or more without looking at a account.  Seems arcane/preditory to not allow autopay or ability to set up multiple payments such as payments scheduled out over the next three months.  I am sure this benefits them in the collection of past due charges.

Last app 03/12/17

Message 4 of 6
fury1995
Valued Contributor

This is why I never opt for electronic statements. I have alerts set up electronically but that's it. Paper statements leave a trail that I can physically see. Also, I leave the specific credit card I've used in a seperate place until it is paid. Once paid, I print the "payment sent" page and leave it in a specific place on my desk until the statement arrives, staple them together and file it. Between myself and my spouse, we have over 80 open accounts (installment and revolving). This process has not failed me yet.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep track of everything on Mint Bills (iOS / Android app, web @ http://bills.mint.com ) - I get a push notification when a new statement arrives and it keeps track of what I've paid and what kind of balances I have on my card.  I just typed in Comenity in the account search and came up with a decent handful of their store cards and typed in Total Rewards and that account came up by itself, so maybe that might help people.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.