Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% balance transfer with high util

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

0% balance transfer with high util

Hi folks,

I am looking for a balance transfer deal on a 10K or so balance. I searched online and PENFED has some good 18 month promotions but I am not sure if I would qualify for it. Below is my profile, can you suggest some other 0% offers for BT with generous CLs?

your inputs are much appreciated Smiley Happy

My Profile:

AAoA: 3.2 years

EQ: 655 (as of today), EX: 664 (Jan 27, through AMEX)

INQ: EQ=0, TU=0, EX=2

Util: 90% (Will drop down on 70% or so once my Hilton Honors hit CBs with limit of 4500)

Income: 105,000 for 2011 (gave this to Amex), this years income is going to be 120,000.

Employment: Fulltime, Software Engineer with same company for over 5 years now.

1 Auto Loan closed in 2010. 

Currently 1 auto loan running through BMW Finance since Jan 2011.

Never had a single late/missed payment on any of my accounts ever.

Do you think I stand a chance with PENFED or any other CU/CCC where recon'ing is a possibility in case of denial?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Re: 0% balance transfer with high util

I was 696 with < 30%, and they told me to kick rocks! That being said I wish you luck as YMMV Smiley Happy

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 2 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@bbb3601 wrote:

I was 696 with < 30%, and they told me to kick rocks! That being said I wish you luck as YMMV Smiley Happy

Ok :-) So I guess PENFED is out of the list.

Message 3 of 11
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

others have better info than me about them. From what I have read they are a hard nut to crack, but once your in.....YOU ARE IN!  They may like your profile better than mine as I do have some old paid baddies.

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 4 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Thanks for thr assurance.

I can try to bite the bullet, wondering if someone has any other suggestion for BT. Barclays released a first 25 month BT offers in UK.. wish they could come up with something like that here.

Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

on the barclay's it ask what country your in on app so you still may be able to apply

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Oh No ! Another software engineer with a BMW who woud of thought. JK mercedes guy here !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

on the barclay's it ask what country your in on app so you still may be able to apply

It's country of nationality. I dont think it has anything to do with what country you want your card in.

It's like I am living in London and applying for this card. 

Message 8 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Oh No ! Another software engineer with a BMW who woud of thought. JK mercedes guy here !

Smiley Happy lol. I jumped from the the benz (C300) side couple of years back Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I was actually looking at BMW's but my wife gave me the death stare, for her whole family is employeed with Mercedes in Stuttgart. So as long as I am in Germany I am forbiden to purchase anything else then a Mercedes or I will have to face the wrath of the Swabish.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.