Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 for 2 Blah!!

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

0 for 2 Blah!!

Trying to get a 4th and final positive tradeline going but I'm striking out left and right. Citi Simplicity = Decline with no way to recon I've heard. BOA Better Balance Rewards MC = Decline. Did a search but couldn't find anything good regarding BOA recons. Blah....
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: 0 for 2 Blah!!

Recon anyway! At the very least, maybe they will explain why you were declined. Just make sure they use the same pull. Smiley Happy

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 2 of 22
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Sorry about the declines Smiley Sad  I'd recon each once or twice anyway - can't hurt to try!

Would you mind sharing a bit about your profile because I'm a little interested in those cards, but don't want to try if I'm way off mark lol

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
Trying to get a 4th and final positive tradeline going but I'm striking out left and right. Citi Simplicity = Decline with no way to recon I've heard. BOA Better Balance Rewards MC = Decline. Did a search but couldn't find anything good regarding BOA recons. Blah....

sorry to hear about the denials Spec BUT you defintiely should give BofA a shot. So far i have had very nice credit analyst. You took the HP so got nothing to lose.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

Recon! BofA you have a decent chance, I think.

As for citi, you kinda want to think it through if you want to recon. For some people citi did another 2-4 inquiries during recon process and people were stuck with tons of inquiries over 1 card app, and its not a guarantee you will get approved. It depends on how badly you want this card
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Just got off the phone with BoA and they were unable to move me forward. They said that my BK would have to fall off before they would consider me. BK is 4 yrs. old btw. I'm not going to try to recon with Citi because I've read that their CSRs cannot override a declined app and I don't want to risk the extra HPs that I could inherit by pushing them over the phone. I think I'll take the 3 CCs that I have and garden for a while!!
Message 7 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 22
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry. Smiley Sad I know it's hard. Hubby is almost 7 years past BK now. Someone will give you a chance as it ages...keep your chin up!
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 9 of 22
gmason
Contributor

From the BK standpoint, I had the most luck with CapOne and PayPal SmartConnect (which you can get a debit card for to access the PayPalSC credit line).

I couldn't get close to getting Chase in the past. Citi has always been a no-go. Same for Wells Fargo. But I never tried to recon before I looked at this forum. But if I had it to do over again, I think I'd garden and prepare to try some Credit Unions. If I really wanted one of the big banks, I'd get into some program with a secured card with a promise to graduate to unsecured. Hindsight ....

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.