Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 for 2 Blah!!

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: 0 for 2 Blah!!

That sucks man, Smiley Frustrated. From what I've seen on here the only people who were successful with their Citi recons was because they already had some prior positive relationship with Citi

Message 11 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was just recently able to get in the door with Chase, Discover, and Barclays starting this past Dec and my BK 7 is 9.5 years old so it does take time getting in with prime lenders after BK. Good luck to you! Also, I had 3.5 years of revolving history with Orchard Bank when I applied. Cap1 is definitely BK friendly. I was approved for their Cash Rewards card in July of last year. Started me out at $2000 and it was increased to $2500 in Feb.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:
I'm so sorry. Smiley Sad I know it's hard. Hubby is almost 7 years past BK now. Someone will give you a chance as it ages...keep your chin up!
Thanks LJ. I appreciate the kind words!!
Message 13 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

That sucks man, Smiley Frustrated. From what I've seen on here the only people who were successful with their Citi recons was because they already had some prior positive relationship with Citi

Yeah, I've been hearing that as well. It's something to look forward to down the road!!
Message 14 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

Does having a checking account with citi count as prior relationship? Or credit cards only?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
I was just recently able to get in the door with Chase, Discover, and Barclays starting this past Dec and my BK 7 is 9.5 years old so it does take time getting in with prime lenders after BK. Good luck to you! Also, I had 3.5 years of revolving history with Orchard Bank when I applied. Cap1 is definitely BK friendly. I was approved for their Cash Rewards card in July of last year. Started me out at $2000 and it was increased to $2500 in Feb.
Thank you! I am in with Discover and Barclays but had to let Cap1 go because the card just didn't grow with my needs.
Message 16 of 22
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes...recon!

+1

Bah.  I got here late.  My advice, is limp away with just the two denials and garden them for awhile, like you said.  It sucks to be denied but it could have been worse.

Maybe while gardenning, open a Chase checking account and let it age with the gardening, then in 6 months hit them up for a Freedom.  Chase has an awesome recon department and if you have an account with them, even if its small, it will help a bit. 

Smiley Happy Good luck. Keep chin up.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 17 of 22
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Thank you! I am in with Discover and Barclays but had to let Cap1 go because the card just didn't grow with my needs.

Cap one is pretty good with CLI's lately.... thru their executive office...... 

You got Discover!!!! would want one too, one day.... gardening time though.... Garden those cards... Both of my chase cards were denied but got them thru recon... This time last year I only have 2 capital one cards.... with scores in the high 500's low 600's.... now I got a 1k freedom and 3k slate... a AMEX PSL zync and just last week a BCE...my cap one cards are 3k and 2k ... let your cards grow.. you'll get what you want in time... =)

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 18 of 22
gr2013
Established Member

I have those same cards, I also got the Amazon Rewards and Sony Rewards. I have since decided to garden because I was getting way too many denails on cards people were saying were pretty easy to get approved. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of HP and no cards it sucks Smiley Mad

Hang in there we're in the right road. You don't want too many pulls.

Message 19 of 22
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@gr2013 wrote:

I have those same cards, I also got the Amazon Rewards and Sony Rewards. I have since decided to garden because I was getting way too many denails on cards people were saying were pretty easy to get approved. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of HP and no cards it sucks Smiley Mad

Hang in there we're in the right road. You don't want too many pulls.

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.