Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% interest credit account's affect on credit score

tag
narendra953
New Visitor

0% interest credit account's affect on credit score

does 0% interest credit accounts affect fico score if i don't pay them in full but instead pay them partial until the 0% interest term is over?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 0% interest credit account's affect on credit score

narendra953 wrote:
does 0% interest credit accounts affect fico score if i don't pay them in full but instead pay them partial until the 0% interest term is over?

Fico doesn't care what your interest rate is,  unlike the rest of us who do care about ours     Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score will drop because debt is higher. When you pay them back score rebounds like nothing happened. Will not hurt after you pay back, in some cases it even helps history. Int % rate is not reported.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-27-2007 05:50 PM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% helps....Pys off faster. More of your payment goes to the debt so each payment takes off a slightly larger chunk than it would otherwise. At least thats what I tell myselfSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-27-2007 08:56 PM
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Person A has 0% APR and charges $200 a month in new charges.

Person B has 39% APR, charges nothing, and incurs $200 a month in new finance charges.

If both have the same CL, same debt, and both pay ontime $250 a month on the card, then both are chipping away at their principle at the rate of $50 a month.

FICO scoring would be the same, for this account.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Person A has 0% APR and charges $200 a month in new charges.

Person B has 39% APR, charges nothing, and incurs $200 a month in new finance charges.

If both have the same CL, same debt, and both pay ontime $250 a month on the card, then both are chipping away at their principle at the rate of $50 a month.

FICO scoring would be the same, for this account.

But if they have the same balance and most of my 0% have been for BTs. And neither is charging  Person A pays off 250.00 a month of their balance while person B only gets 50.00 credit on the actual balance.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

But if they have the same balance and most of my 0% have been for BTs. And neither is charging  Person A pays off 250.00 a month of their balance while person B only gets 50.00 credit on the actual balance.

You cannot change the rules of my inane scenarios inflight.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Brammy wrote:

Why Not Noah?   I want to share the catnip!!!Smiley Very Happy

Hows this? To anyone looking it looks as if Person A is either spanking that card at 400.00 a mo to pay that much towards the balance or Person B is just barely getting by with mins...lolSmiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And a person's income or net worth has no bearing on FICO scores either.  Funny world, eh? 
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Brammy wrote:

But if they have the same balance and most of my 0% have been for BTs. And neither is charging Person A pays off 250.00 a month of their balance while person B only gets 50.00 credit on the actual balance.

Why Not Noah? I want to share the catnip!!!
Hows this? To anyone looking it looks as if Person A is either spanking that card at 400.00 a mo to pay that much towards the balance or Person B is just barely getting by with mins...lol

hehe Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-27-2007 11:26 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.