cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

01/01/13 Who is apping for Amex? What is your profile?

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

01/01/13 Who is apping for Amex? What is your profile?

I'm going for BCE.

Scores are on my sig.

I got Amex Green in 10/12

No baddie, aaoa is 3.0 years

Massive INQ from trading in my old car and got a toy (vette) back in March '11 and May '12

I hope Amex will give me some loving.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: 01/01/13 Who is apping for Amex? What is your profile?

Why BCE?   Don't understand the love for this particular card!

For enough grocery spending, BCP is better, and gives more on gas and department stores, I know the fee puts people off.

PenFed Platinum rewards gives 5% off gas, same 3% off groceries and is uncapped for those rewards.  No AF

Fidelity Amex or Priceline Visa give a flat 2%, so if the grocery spend isn't that big (and if it is the first two cards are better!) these will come out ahead.

Message 2 of 56
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

For enough grocery spending, BCP is better, and gives more on gas and department stores, I know the fee puts people off.

PenFed Platinum rewards gives 5% off gas, same 3% off groceries and is uncapped for those rewards.  No AF

Fidelity Amex or Priceline Visa give a flat 2%, so if the grocery spend isn't that big (and if it is the first two cards are better!) these will come out ahead.

I am still undecided on BCE/P, I think BCE is a tad easier to get approve. With my spending, I should be getting BCP, I just want to get approve as I can PC later.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 56
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I want to so badly but I think I will continue to garden. 

Current scores are in my siggy. 

Inq: TU- 8); EX -6 ; EQ-6 (4 are from a car purchase in Apr)

Baddies: 1 sm coll acct for $380 on all 3 CR- falls off in March; Dismissed CH 13 filed in 2005 on EQ 

Length of oldest account: 28 yrs

AAOA: 7 yrs

Income: $72,500

Message 4 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@armbenderc wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I am still undecided on BCE/P, I think BCE is a tad easier to get approve. With my spending, I should be getting BCP, I just want to get approve as I can PC later.

then apply for BCP, the BCE is not easier to get, they are the same.

Message 5 of 56
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

IM almost 100 percent sure you wont get a year backdated..so if you got it in october..your new card will only show as being 3 months old..not a whole year

Message 6 of 56
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Amex Backdating

If you got a card in december and then apply tommorow..does that mean your new card is a year old..I thought it would still show a month as a month old regardless of thew year it says on the card. KInd of doesnt make sense

Message 7 of 56
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

scores seems fine should be in for the card, the only question is why is your score so low... with an AAoA of 3 years and no baddies, I would think they would be higher perhaps 740+ range, is your UTL high?  a lot of new credit in the last 6 months or something?  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 56
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

For me, it was just to finally have an Amex card (and thus have one card on each major network). If you don't travel (and don't care for MR points), the BCE makes the best sense as a no-AF, cash-earning Amex product. The glamor has definitely worn off though -- with the exception of Small Business Saturday, I haven't used mine since cashing out the sign-up bonus.

Message 9 of 56
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

IM almost 100 percent sure you wont get a year backdated..so if you got it in october..your new card will only show as being 3 months old..not a whole year

I thought the "rule" was it took the year of the old card, and the month of the new one, so a Jan app would be backdated to Jan 2012, regardless of the month of the old card.  That's what happened with me (Feb 2012 backdated to Feb 1987).   Have you experienced/heard something else?

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.