cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

01/01/13 Who is apping for Amex? What is your profile?

tag
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Re: 01/01/13 Who is apping for Amex? What is your profile?

I applied for the Amex Gold Card 

Denied online...called for manual review...denied by letter.  (reason: delinquent (repo, garn, student loan, fc)  i have none of these...i was 5 pmts late on mtg- 2011 due to loan mod...all other bills pd as agreed...29% util 

Submitted recon...."In progress" 12-26-12...submitted goodwill ltr to Wells Hm Mtg for removal...EQ is showing pd as agreed today Smiley Happy

Hopeful 

checked Fico EQ tonite 736

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 31 of 56
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I'm apping PRG as soon as i get home from the hotel tonight.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 32 of 56
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

AMEX Approvals.jpg

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 33 of 56
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

AMEX Approvals.jpg

Why did you app on the 31st?  That will cost you a year of backdating.  Not sure if you care though....

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 34 of 56
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@flowfaster wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Why did you app on the 31st?  That will cost you a year of backdating.  Not sure if you care though....

The business card does not report to personal credit report and also does not backdate to the member since date of consumer cards...  So I locked in my 2012 member since date for the business credit report, and will be able to be backdated to 2012 on the new PRG

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 56
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Why BCE?   Don't understand the love for this particular card!

For me, it was just to finally have an Amex card (and thus have one card on each major network). If you don't travel (and don't care for MR points), the BCE makes the best sense as a no-AF, cash-earning Amex product. The glamor has definitely worn off though -- with the exception of Small Business Saturday, I haven't used mine since cashing out the sign-up bonus.

BCP has nothing to do with being a travel card. It's rewards come from grocery stores, department stores, and gas. 3 things you would spend money in even if you never left your own town (assuming you owned a car). 

BCP makes fiscal sense for 80% of the population as far as I can tell. The other 20% eats out all the time or doesn't own a car or have other cards that fit those categories. 

Right, which is why I said the Blue Cash series makes more sense than any of the Amex travel cards.

Sorry - the Scorpion Bowls and Champagne blurred my forum vision.  I misread what you had posted, but now see that we were saying the same thing.  I sincerely apologize.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 36 of 56
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

The business card does not report to personal credit report and also does not backdate to the member since date of consumer cards...  So I locked in my 2012 member since date for the business credit report, and will be able to be backdated to 2012 on the new PRG

Ok gotcha.  That is pretty smart actually. I did not know that.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 37 of 56
HiLine
Blogger

@webhopper wrote:

AMEX Approvals.jpg

Very nice! I chickened out and decided to wait for my history with Amex to age for another few weeks before applying later this month; hopefully it'll be a hit. Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 56
Ron1
Super Contributor

I applied for American Express Lowe's Business  Card and got approved for $9800. First I got denied because I reached the  max amount of Amex Cards. Amex Application Status 01032013A.jpg

Message 39 of 56
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I applied for American Express Lowe's Business  Card and got approved for $9800. First I got denied because I reached the  max amount of Amex Cards. 

ron how many is too many then? 

did you just close a card or did they make an exception? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.