tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: 1.75% to pay your taxes with credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Just letting people know I am having a major problem with a plastiq payment. Not sure where the fault lies but I have an auto charge recurring for my student loans. My student loan lender is now claiming I am past due and calling me about a late payment. I contacted plastiq and they claim they not only sent the check out but that it was cashed by the student loan company. They are going to send me a check image which I will then submit to the student loan lender for review. The student loan people will not stop their collection activity though and if much more time passes they may report the late to my credit report and screw me by claiming I'm not paying them. The student loan guy said I was the second person he had today having an issue with plastiq (apparently he doesn't think its odd multiple people are telling him the exact same thing).I'm more than annoyed about the whole situation, so you may want to be careful relying on plastiq as I am not sure where the problem lies. I just used them for a rent payment too, so now I am really on edge about the whole thing. 

I understand your situation but from what you describe, it sounds like more of an issue with your student loan company not tying the cashed check to your acount. If Plastiq does show you the copy of the cashed check then you need to get on your student loan company and get them to assure that they won't report you late.  I've used Plastiq to pay my mortgage and have had no issues with them.

I sent the student loan company a copy of the check image. The check image doesn't show anything that tells me they cashed it (I don't see any sort of stamp or anything) but maybe they don't do that for a major company and plastiq claims it was certainly cashed. In any event if the student loan vendor sticks to their story it puts me in a bad spot since I can't do anything to them but they can destroy my credit. What good does winning the argument or whatever do if I get AA by my other lenders in the process. Its soo frustrating to be in this position. 

I understand it's not an enviable position.  did Plastiq send you a copy of the back of the check?  Surely there must be something there that indicates it was cashed

They did and there was nothing there. I don't know if the ink from the copy was too light or what is going on. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Just letting people know I am having a major problem with a plastiq payment. Not sure where the fault lies but I have an auto charge recurring for my student loans. My student loan lender is now claiming I am past due and calling me about a late payment. I contacted plastiq and they claim they not only sent the check out but that it was cashed by the student loan company. They are going to send me a check image which I will then submit to the student loan lender for review. The student loan people will not stop their collection activity though and if much more time passes they may report the late to my credit report and screw me by claiming I'm not paying them. The student loan guy said I was the second person he had today having an issue with plastiq (apparently he doesn't think its odd multiple people are telling him the exact same thing).I'm more than annoyed about the whole situation, so you may want to be careful relying on plastiq as I am not sure where the problem lies. I just used them for a rent payment too, so now I am really on edge about the whole thing. 

I understand your situation but from what you describe, it sounds like more of an issue with your student loan company not tying the cashed check to your acount. If Plastiq does show you the copy of the cashed check then you need to get on your student loan company and get them to assure that they won't report you late.  I've used Plastiq to pay my mortgage and have had no issues with them.

I sent the student loan company a copy of the check image. The check image doesn't show anything that tells me they cashed it (I don't see any sort of stamp or anything) but maybe they don't do that for a major company and plastiq claims it was certainly cashed. In any event if the student loan vendor sticks to their story it puts me in a bad spot since I can't do anything to them but they can destroy my credit. What good does winning the argument or whatever do if I get AA by my other lenders in the process. Its soo frustrating to be in this position. 

I understand it's not an enviable position.  did Plastiq send you a copy of the back of the check?  Surely there must be something there that indicates it was cashed

They did and there was nothing there. I don't know if the ink from the copy was too light or what is going on. 

Hmm. that's strange.  I'd go back to Plastiq and tell them that you need more proof that the check was cashed because the image they provided doesn't do that.  Screwed up situation.

Message 32 of 39
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Hmm. that's strange.  I'd go back to Plastiq and tell them that you need more proof that the check was cashed because the image they provided doesn't do that.  Screwed up situation.

I have already done that and all they say is that it was cashed and to submit the image and let them know what the student loan lender says. I feel like in this case given that I pay a fee for this service that Plastiq should be calling the vendor to confirm the payment was complete. Not sure why I have to go back and forth between two large companies. 

;
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I have already done that and all they say is that it was cashed and to submit the image and let them know what the student loan lender says. I feel like in this case given that I pay a fee for this service that Plastiq should be calling the vendor to confirm the payment was complete. Not sure why I have to go back and forth between two large companies. 

I agree.  I'd try to escalate it up the chain of command with Plastiq.  Somewhere in the thread about Plastiq on FT (in MS section) are emails from several people at Plastiq including the President if I remember right.

Message 34 of 39
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I agree.  I'd try to escalate it up the chain of command with Plastiq.  Somewhere in the thread about Plastiq on FT (in MS section) are emails from several people at Plastiq including the President if I remember right.

I faxed in what I was provided. If the student loan lender rejects that then I will go back to Plastiq and demand they do something ASAP. The only problem is the student loan people say it takes 10 days to investigate all the while my account goes more delinquent and gets fees assessed. If it turns out Plastiq is in the wrong it will cost me additional penalties. 

;
Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I faxed in what I was provided. If the student loan lender rejects that then I will go back to Plastiq and demand they do something ASAP. The only problem is the student loan people say it takes 10 days to investigate all the while my account goes more delinquent and gets fees assessed. If it turns out Plastiq is in the wrong it will cost me additional penalties. 

Can you make a cash payment in the meantime?

Message 36 of 39
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Can you make a cash payment in the meantime?

I guess, but its not like I will get that money back and I need it to pay the credit card bill for the plastiq charge. 

;
Message 37 of 39
elim
Senior Contributor

@red259

that sucks, sorry to hear, i thought they were done with the growing pains...   does plastiq send a confirmation mail back to you with payee, amount and account number? 

Message 38 of 39
red259
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@red259

that sucks, sorry to hear, i thought they were done with the growing pains...   does plastiq send a confirmation mail back to you with payee, amount and account number? 

Yes plastiq provides info on when the check was sent and cashed. The problem is the lender is claiming they didn't cash it. One of the two screwed up. 

;
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.