Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# 1 Credit Card Online Management Pet Peeve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

# 1 Credit Card Online Management Pet Peeve

I have a pet peeve. Actually I have many, many pet peeves but my main one with regard to credit card management/online banking is:

Signing Up To Bank/Manage CC's  Online - only to have to send items by snail mail or call for assistance (I'm talking about having to speak with CSR's not automated help) or do anything that requires me to leave my computer. 

My point with Online Banking/CC Online Management is just that.  I want to do everything online,   I don't want to go to the post office or an overnight company.  I don't want to call in to speak to anyone and be transferred or put on hold forever. 

I just want to manage my cards and/or bank accounts online period.   I'm happy to get up when the card arrives in the mail.

What's your biggest pet peeve regarding credit cards/banking online? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: # 1 Credit Card Online Management Pet Peeve

My gripe is a pretty minor one, but my biggest peeve is lack of good reward tracking from companies like Citi and Discover. I love my Discover card but the tracking of rewards is very clunky.

I like how Barclay, Capital One, Chase, and BOA show you the rewards per transaction clearly and easily with no BS.

Message 2 of 10
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

My feelings exactly OP.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 10
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1.  Being asked to receive and enter a confirmation code just about every time I try to log in.

2.  When the bank only sends said code to a phone.  If I wanted to be tethered to a blasted phone I wouldn't be on a computer instead.  Why do I even have to have a phone at all.

3.  A login page that rejects your password unless you wait for the entire page (with ads) to load before typing anything. 

4.  Sites that make me change my password every month.  I can manage my own passwords, thanks.

5.  Sites which disable copy/paste when you're trying to enter account numbers.

6.  Companies that bill you when your balance is less than a dollar, but then tell you that you can't pay that small of an amount .

7.  Banking sites that go down for "maintenance" every single night.  Exactly when I find it convenient to get stuff done.

8.  Not showing pending purchases.

9.  Not showing which purchases are getting the 5%.

10.  Sites that are dumbed down to fit on a phone, when they can easily tell I'm using a real computer.

11.  Banks that use your account number as your login

12.  Not showing your statement closing date somewhere

Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Hadn't really thought about it much, but today got hit with OPs situation.  Last week I chatted with Amex to get something fixed.  Today I receive (snail mail) detailing what they have done, and it isn't right.   So back on chat again, and now told I have to call....

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1.  Being asked to receive and enter a confirmation code just about every time I try to log in.

2.  When the bank only sends said code to a phone.  If I wanted to be tethered to a blasted phone I wouldn't be on a computer instead.  Why do I even have to have a phone at all.

3.  A login page that rejects your password unless you wait for the entire page (with ads) to load before typing anything. 

4.  Sites that make me change my password every month.  I can manage my own passwords, thanks.

5.  Sites which disable copy/paste when you're trying to enter account numbers.

6.  Companies that bill you when your balance is less than a dollar, but then tell you that you can't pay that small of an amount .

7.  Banking sites that go down for "maintenance" every single night.  Exactly when I find it convenient to get stuff done.

8.  Not showing pending purchases.

9.  Not showing which purchases are getting the 5%.

10.  Sites that are dumbed down to fit on a phone, when they can easily tell I'm using a real computer.

11.  Banks that use your account number as your login

12.  Not showing your statement closing date somewhere

I love it.  These are all great points.  I need pages to list all of my pet peeves.  The convenience of online CC/Banking is great IF it would do the things you need it to do when you need it to do them.  If I wanted to do a bunch of calling and running around I would not use the online service.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Hadn't really thought about it much, but today got hit with OPs situation.  Last week I chatted with Amex to get something fixed.  Today I receive (snail mail) detailing what they have done, and it isn't right.   So back on chat again, and now told I have to call....

I go ballistic when I have to call about anything.  If it's online then send me an email.  Almost everything needs you to call and in my case the company says your voice does not belong to you. REALLY. Just got instruction to call the CU when I could not log into my account.  Mind you it was working fine two days ago. I don't want to talk to people that is why I use online banking. I set up an additional account at another CU and can't log into it so I chatted with them  online and guess what......they want me to call them and they can fix it right away.  Why not just fix it if I provide you with enough info to prove who I am and if I call that does not guarantee it's me, it could just be someone who has all the info. Sorry about the rant.  It just ticks me off.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having to either fax or mail back documents.  That is crazy.  Makes me glad I have a fax!

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Having to either fax or mail back documents.  That is crazy.  Makes me glad I have a fax!

Not cc related, but at my very large company, to submit an expense report, you need to 

a) print out the generated expense report

b) scan the report (yes, the one the system generated and made you print)

c) upload the scan to the online report and submit.

There are no signatures or anything involved, the document in b) is EXACTLY the one produced in a)

From time to time we all scream about this but apparently that is the way it is!

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, I understand. I have a company that insists on mailing out statements even though I get them online. Asked them about it and they said they still mail them out regardless. Drives me crazy, but that is just me lol

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.