Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 credit card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 credit card...

Ihave one credit card .. never missed a pyment .. I have a 500 limit and it says I can raise my score by paying it down to like 30 over the next 2 months.. I only owe like 80.00 to make it a 30 balance so what if I just pay 50 dollars on it all at one time.... 
My credit only shows a
Sallie Mae ---3200.00  paid as agreed in deferment
Cap One ----- Not updated yet still shows 200.00 but I have paid it down to 80.00
Bank Plus Closed ---Paid Satisfactory
Water Dept from 2005 --- 190   collection from HFS cant make a deal with them ??
Med Bill Smith and Rochoun --- 141 from 2003 .. Wont return my call.

Score Fico
EQ 625
EXP 615
TU 635
Says on projection to pay my card bill down and my score could raise as much as 50 points... are they looking at length of time or can I just pay the thing down ASAP.. Plus how long does it take for cap one to update on my credit report ??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: 1 credit card...

The simulator may have said pay your card down over 24 months as your best way to improve your score. If so, it will take both time and money. If you were able to open another trade line it may ding your score slightly in the immediate term, but eventually (6 months) it will be a positive. Try to get those collections off if possible.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agency [?] Hfs Svcs Original balance [?] $190 Current balance [?] $190 Status [?] Not Reported Date assigned [?] Apr 29, 2005 Date reported [?] Jul 13, 2005 Date last active [?] Not Reported Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported

This is the water dept .. Here is my complaint ... I have lived in an apartment since August of 2003.. Where I do not have to pay water , the lanlord pays it.. So why did they wait till April 2005 to assign this and report it on Jul 2005 ... 
I remeber paying this off before I moved , but I believe when I moved the new tennants were illegal using my meter..
Should I dispute this , or send a letter and offer to pay it of if they will get this off my credit..
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The more quickly you pay it down, the sooner your scores will benefit. The time portion means that with the paydown, at the end of that time period your scores should be in *blank* range. (It's not clearly written, that's for sure.)

When you're on the simulator page, have you ever slid down and tried the other options? One option is "open a credit card with a ______ credit limit." My youngest actually got a projected score increase from opening another card. It could be though that the collections will keep that from happening for you.

edit: this was in response to your original post, not the second about the water bill collections

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-12-2008 09:33 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agency [?] Smith Rouchn
 Original balance [?] $141 Current balance
[?] $141 Status [?] N
ot Reported Date assigned [?] Sep 13, 2004 Date reported [?] Dec 17, 2004 Date last active [?] Not Reported Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Original lender [?] Med1 University Radiology Associate Account number [?] XXX9204 Type of account [?] Not Reported Account holder [?] Individual Type of credit [?] Not Reported Payment status [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Amount past due [?] Not Reported Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

Here is the doctor bill ...  I offered to pay this but they said it will still be on my credit report for about another 3 years and ( too bad) lady sai you got to learn to pay your bills... I said ok.. Then they wanted a cc over the phone.. I said no.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Smith and Rochoun collection agency..They say I owe 141.00.. I dont believe I owe anything else to them but by sending the letter is it possible they may find something else that happened long ago and add this to my credit report.. Should I just pay the water bill and get my card all the way down to a 20.00 balance and just sit tight.... I am trying to buy a mobile home ( new) that is 34,000 and trying to only put 5% DOWN.. My middle score is a 625  but they said they run thru TU and that score of today on this site is 635.. But from a bank about 3 weeks ago it was a 659... I know my intrest is going to be about 10% anyway ... I jus want to get bought.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my plus scores today before I cancel an the are as follows

EXP  721
TU    650
EQ
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my plus scores today before I cancel an the are as follows

EXP  721
TU    650
EQ  651

It seems that EXP dropped my 2 collections and the other 2 didnt.. It also shows a higher balance of 282 on a 500 limit card that has been paid down to 80 dollars since the last 2 weeks...

So should I update my FICO ... It just cost so much...

Message Edited by bevy1234 on 04-13-2008 03:48 PM

Message Edited by bevy1234 on 04-13-2008 03:51 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.