New Contributor
nagisa

Re: 1-day late AMEX payment?

Was late on my PRG a year or two ago by like 3 days. Completely forgot to pay it and didn't have autopay. They never contacted me and it's never been a problem.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $7.6k (10/12) -> $19.7k (3x CLI), Amazon Chase Visa $3.1k (10/12), Citi Forward Student $4k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k siggy (3/13 - 50k sign up bonus)

EX FICO 767 10/12
TU FAKO(? from Chase Amazon) 742/990 10/12
Frequent Contributor
elaine829

Hi, Some times you can ask a credit card company for a one time goodwill removal of a late. If you have never been late before.

Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

dowel911 wrote:

Just got off an overnight flight and found my SPG AMEX was due yesterday! AGH! So mad... I called immediately and made a payment, but the rep said that the payment would show as being late within the AMEX system, but not reported to credit buearus.

Will this negatively impact my ability to do 6 month CLI with my SPG AMEX card? 

It is best to always have an autopay minimum payment set up on every account. You can always pay more later but you will never be late. Good luck to you.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps2390ab7f.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}