Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/28/10 = 1 year since my last app.

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

10/28/10 = 1 year since my last app.

I'm sorely tempted to try for new credit . It's making me crazy, but I know it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 10/28/10 = 1 year since my last app.

@pazuzu wrote:

I'm sorely tempted to try for new credit . It's making me crazy, but I know it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I agree. Unless you need credit just leave things alone.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 10/28/10 = 1 year since my last app.

LOL!

What are your credit goals? What will it take to achieve them? (higher scores, lower util, higher AAoA, cleaner records) What will it take to make these steps necessary? (paying down bills, waiting it out, GW's and PFD's)

When I got antsy, I found that it helped to keep a wish list on my laptop, complete with why I wanted to get such-and-such a card and what was needed to get it. That helped me be patient and wait until my credit was better and I could therefore get a better deal. Generally, once that time came, I had discovered that the CC's I wanted weren't that hot after all. Smiley Very Happy Either their rewards had changed, or I realized that I wouldn't use them in certain areas as much as I thought, or something else had come along with a better deal.

As in your love life, there's a lot to be said for taking your time and being a bit choosy. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.