Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 cents/gal rewards on Chevron/Texaco card in May

tag
primechicken
Contributor

10 cents/gal rewards on Chevron/Texaco card in May

Depending on gas prices where you live, it might be worthwhile to pull that otherwise useless card out of the SD for a month. Where I'm at, 10 cents a gallon figures to roughly 3% rewards.

Here's the deets:

You have to make at least five fuel purchases in the span of the month each of which must be a minimum of eight gallons per purchase. Far as I can tell, that's it. I called and talked to someone from their credit dept to verify this, and they said indeed it's that simple. The rewards will appear on your following statement as long as the requirements are met. It seems, however, that these rewards can be redeemed only as statement credits, so keep that in mind.

Some fine print from the flier:

"If the value of a fuel purchase is less than the value of the fuel credits being redeemed, then any remaining fuel credit balance will be carried over to the next monthly billing statement in which a fuel purchase is made. Fuel credits expire six months from the date accrued if no further fuel purchases are made. A maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be earned in any calendar year and a maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be redeemed in any calendar year. Fuel credits will be forfeited if the card account is closed, whether by you or GE Capital Retail Bank."

I plan to make the most of it this month. So even after I SD it in June, maybe the May usage will look good toward a CLI later.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 10 cents/gal rewards on Chevron/Texaco card in May

@primechicken wrote:

Depending on gas prices where you live, it might be worthwhile to pull that otherwise useless card out of the SD for a month. Where I'm at, 10 cents a gallon figures to roughly 3% rewards.

Here's the deets:

You have to make at least five fuel purchases in the span of the month each of which must be a minimum of eight gallons per purchase. Far as I can tell, that's it. I called and talked to someone from their credit dept to verify this, and they said indeed it's that simple. The rewards will appear on your following statement as long as the requirements are met. It seems, however, that these rewards can be redeemed only as statement credits, so keep that in mind.

Some fine print from the flier:

"If the value of a fuel purchase is less than the value of the fuel credits being redeemed, then any remaining fuel credit balance will be carried over to the next monthly billing statement in which a fuel purchase is made. Fuel credits expire six months from the date accrued if no further fuel purchases are made. A maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be earned in any calendar year and a maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be redeemed in any calendar year. Fuel credits will be forfeited if the card account is closed, whether by you or GE Capital Retail Bank."

I plan to make the most of it this month. So even after I SD it in June, maybe the May usage will look good toward a CLI later.

This would be great if there was a Chevron / Texaco in my area.......Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: 10 cents/gal rewards on Chevron/Texaco card in May

This is awesome, thanks for sharing ! I haven't used mine in about 8 - 9 months, Smiley Very Happy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.