cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10% gas, 6% din/travel 2% Sam's MC 90 day Double Cash Promo for new apps until 11/12

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10% gas, 6% din/travel 2% Sam's MC 90 day Double Cash Promo for new apps until 11/12

@Anonymous wrote:
I think you're right in that the pharmacy benefits are the only thing that makes it worth it. I already have a city DCB card for 2% so I don't really pay attention to the $500 promotion.

Yeah, but the promotion stacks because it's not attached to a credit card.  Like, if I were to go to Sam's this quarter and use my Discover, I'd get 5% back and my mom'd get 2% back (because I use her Sam's membership when I go).

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10% gas, 6% din/travel 2% Sam's MC 90 day Double Cash Promo for new apps until 11/12

@Anonymous wrote:
I think you're right in that the pharmacy benefits are the only thing that makes it worth it. I already have a city DCB card for 2% so I don't really pay attention to the $500 promotion.

Youi may not know this, but it's a Federal law that you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy.  Just tell them when you walk in that you want to use the pharmacy.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang I was just approved for a synchrony visa last month (1800). I would apply for this but I've read about the AA problems.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=creditMarketing

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/sams-club-offering-double-cash-back-credit-card-10-gas-6-travel-dining-2-back-purchases/

Although the gas is capped (I wonder if its per cal year?  I think it is, and rewards pay out in feb like usual), still awesome offering.  10% on gas up to 6k, 6% on dining and travel, and 2% on everything else for 90 days. Maximum of 5k cash back.

Also learned that while a membership is required to apply, it is not required to keep the card, or earn rewards.  I wonder what color of card they issue to someone that used to be a plus member but then they decide to not stay a member lol.  Usually get 25-50 off first purchase with the card after approval.

Lots of intermittent groupon/amex/MC offers to get membership out there for next to nothing with a lot of freebies.  Best to do this with your husband, wife, SO, etc, and alternate who the primary member is each year.  Then just a simple phone call to reattach the MC or PLCC to the new membership.

I am going to be spending at least an hour total in random chats and calls to see if I can't get this offer matched. I got my PLCC last year in April, and my MC sometime in May/June.  I wont hold my breath though!!!!

FYI if you have no desire to mess around with their store card (can be used at sams/walmart only), you can specify at application that you do not wish to be considered for their store card if you do not get approved for the MC.  Its just a box the cashier can uncheck.  But if you arent opposed to building with synch/sams and are ok using their store card for a year and hope to try again, then theres always that.

Hmm. I was always under the impression that while you don't have to be a member to earn rewards, you do have to be a member to cash in on those rewards. You get a check once a year that can only be cashed at Sam's with current membership and photo ID.

Do you still get to keep the Mastercard if you no longer wish to be a plus member? I was planning to drop the card since $100 is a hefty price for a 5% gas card.

lots of deals on sams memberships. unfortunately I did not get the amex offer everyone else got for some strange reason.  I also did not want to renew that early.  At least I can get $20 off if I use a mastercard.  Best deal I got was a groupon year before last, $28 that included plus membership, $20 walmart/sams gift card, a rotisserie chicken, cookies, dip, another food item (I think buns?), and few extra coupons loaded on to the membership that were a bit better than typical instant savings offers.  I am doubting we see any more promos on memberships.

Most of my shopping is between sams club and farmers markets otherwise I would have a card geared more towards grocery stores.  I think with the plus membership there are a few times where you can shop earlier than the savings membership and snag a few deals before they sell out.

There have been many times when sams doesnt have the best price.  They do not accept coupons.  However between iBotta, plus membership dividend, paying with 2%/5%/10% cards, and stocking up on items that are on instant savings, it can be nice.

I should say I do quite a bit of grocery store shopping with extreme coupon deals, but the total out of pocket does not amount to very much so something like the BCP would not serve me well.  The BCE is on the low end of my radar.

Can we have some Sams MC holders chime in, if they were fairly new to the card, if they have been able to get this 90 day promo added to their card?  If they would be willing to add this to mine, I would just renew in club for $80.  And is it just me or is it impossible to find good lemons anywhere else but sams?  Everywhere else, including Aldi, has too many seeds, they are very tiny, and just terrible.  Also love the clear trash bags sams sells. You can get over 3x the amount for just a little more.  They say intended for light waste only, but never had any leaks. Maybe once at holidays I had to double up. Really like their roasts.  Oh, the optometrist at our location is so awesome too.  I was longing to get daily disposable contacts for astigmatism, and always told they do not make my prescription.  Well with a minor tweak, I was set!  And if you ever order your glasses from coastal or Zenni, they are completely cool with adjusting the frames.

Message 14 of 19
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I have a Costco Citi Visa attached to my Executive Membership so really no use for SAMS Club but I will look at getting a second Discover 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=creditMarketing

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/sams-club-offering-double-cash-back-credit-card-10-gas-6-travel-dining-2-back-purchases/

Although the gas is capped (I wonder if its per cal year?  I think it is, and rewards pay out in feb like usual), still awesome offering.  10% on gas up to 6k, 6% on dining and travel, and 2% on everything else for 90 days. Maximum of 5k cash back.

Also learned that while a membership is required to apply, it is not required to keep the card, or earn rewards.  I wonder what color of card they issue to someone that used to be a plus member but then they decide to not stay a member lol.  Usually get 25-50 off first purchase with the card after approval.

Lots of intermittent groupon/amex/MC offers to get membership out there for next to nothing with a lot of freebies.  Best to do this with your husband, wife, SO, etc, and alternate who the primary member is each year.  Then just a simple phone call to reattach the MC or PLCC to the new membership.

I am going to be spending at least an hour total in random chats and calls to see if I can't get this offer matched. I got my PLCC last year in April, and my MC sometime in May/June.  I wont hold my breath though!!!!

FYI if you have no desire to mess around with their store card (can be used at sams/walmart only), you can specify at application that you do not wish to be considered for their store card if you do not get approved for the MC.  Its just a box the cashier can uncheck.  But if you arent opposed to building with synch/sams and are ok using their store card for a year and hope to try again, then theres always that.

Hmm. I was always under the impression that while you don't have to be a member to earn rewards, you do have to be a member to cash in on those rewards. You get a check once a year that can only be cashed at Sam's with current membership and photo ID.

Do you still get to keep the Mastercard if you no longer wish to be a plus member? I was planning to drop the card since $100 is a hefty price for a 5% gas card.

They still let you into the store to cash the cheque even if you drop the membership.  I'm not sure if the card will renew upon expiration if you don't keep the membership, but you still get your cashback (you do still have to go to Sams to cash the cheque, though)

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Youi may not know this, but it's a Federal law that you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy.  Just tell them when you walk in that you want to use the pharmacy.

In Colorado, they have to let you in to buy alcohol.  State law there.

Also, you can pretty much get a one-day pass quite easily.  For any of the clubs.  So you can try it out (with or without the card) before paying for membership

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In Colorado, they have to let you in to buy alcohol.  State law there.

Also, you can pretty much get a one-day pass quite easily.  For any of the clubs.  So you can try it out (with or without the card) before paying for membership

Yeah it seems to vary state to state if you need to show a membership card to get in the store or not, but regardless you don't need one to get to the desk.

Wish I had a faster way of testing this out.  I am highly doubting that there will be any black friday deals that I couldn't live without.  Since my membership expires the 2nd week of november, and I do have until the end of December to renew plus membership and get that $20 via mastercard promo, if there aren't any better membership promos (that late in the year I am doubting there would be, historically they havent had many that late), I could just let my membership lapse.

The way I see it, they obviously let you move the credit account between guest and primary memberships.  That is more for a convenience factor than anything else.  I certainly wouldn't want to run the risk of losing this card, since I did work so hard to get it.  Seem's too risky for my situation.

Regarding getting the double cash back for 90 days matched, I almost had it on the phone, two chat inquiries were a no go. So looks like I will try phoning again tomorrow and also ask if membership is required to keep the card active....

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.