Did you mean: 

$100,000 Available Credit

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: $100,000 Available Credit

@2NE1 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

They started us at $12k and I am fine with that. I have read they are conservative too... I am sure over time, that CL will increase but that really does not matter. I am just happy to have the card and yes, you get to choose your categories - very cool stuff...

CS, this is a card you may want to consider.

When you say "us" you mean your spouse? are you saying that the $200,000+ credit available you have is from joint accounts?

They started my spouse and I at $12k, yes - joint application. We have some joint credit accounts and individual accounts. The figure that I gave is a combination of joint and individual. I won't go in to detail but we have a bit over $80k in joint accounts. The rest is individual. She has as much as I do...

We are very good at managing our money, we are both in our 50's (old), and our credit scores are good. We hold to a hard-line budget.

I am going to close some of the "bottom feeders" that I have open and will suggest my wife do the same. So individual and joint limits will drop some, but "combined" will still be well over $200k.

It should also be noted that we have 100% perfect payment history. no lates, no baddies, no charge offs.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 33
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi Ray

Where were you at when you came to my fico, how did you go about rebuliding?  I think hearing your story would give a lot of us the much needed inspiration that we need here.   Thank you in advance.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 22 of 33
Smug
Established Contributor

I am at 67k
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 23 of 33
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing that I have $101, 700 in available credit and cash keeps me happy and healthy.  I love my having excellent credit-makes my life easier.  No strees and no mess!Smiley Very Happy 

Congrats!  100K is a milestone! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow impressive, Hey I have an AmEx Platinum card and in my head I pretend I have a 1 million dollar Limit!!!

So my girl calls me a Baller!!

Dat's right

There's a party in my head all the time!!

Message 25 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing that I have $101, 700 in available credit and cash keeps me happy and healthy.  I love my having excellent credit-makes my life easier.  No strees and no mess!Smiley Very Happy 

Congrats!  100K is a milestone! Smiley Happy

I didint think about it this way but you're right Smiley Happy

I should celebrate ...wait I did, I just bought a nice car. I definitely manage my money and credit like a hawk now. This forum I admit has taught me so much.

Message 26 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow impressive, Hey I have an AmEx Platinum card and in my head I pretend I have a 1 million dollar Limit!!!

Dat's right

The AMEX Plat definitely make the restaurant people look twice. Although my Zync gets more attention.

You know you have acheived baller status when your card becomes the talk at the Officers Club Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 33
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dat's right

The AMEX Plat definitely make the restaurant people look twice. Although my Zync gets more attention.

You know you have acheived baller status when your card becomes the talk at the Officers Club Smiley Happy

CS - out of curiosity, where did you get your avatar?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 28 of 33
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi Ray

Where were you at when you came to my fico, how did you go about rebuliding?  I think hearing your story would give a lot of us the much needed inspiration that we need here.   Thank you in advance.Smiley Happy

Really we were never in rebuild mode, we just had a ton of debt. When I got active here in March of 2011, we had a USAA Master Card with a $25k limit and I had an Amex Zync. My wife had some store cards.

We got the debt all paid off, went through our credit reports to check for errors, drew up a budget that we live within, and the rest has just happened.

No real magic here at all!  Smiley Happy It just works. Sorry I could not provide a better story...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 29 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

I use quicken to manage my monthly expenses/bills. I stick by it too. Discipline is the keyword.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.