cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: $100,000 CREDIT FROM VICTORIAS SECRET ANGEL CARD?

Heh, "KYC"? Employee?
Message 31 of 152
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@quairosun wrote:

UPDATE:

I called for the third time and asked for a supervisor. She said she had never seen this before and even asked me if I had entered contest because they had one, but she was sure it was not for that much. Anyway I told her I was just disclosing that it was on my account and explained in the same way I had to the frontline CSRs. She said hold on and then came back to say that she had talked to her boss and they said that they tried to see if it were a glitch but their initial thought was no. She asked me if my name was shared by a famous person. I said not that I knew of. She then said that there was not much they could do and if it were a glitch it would correct itself. I then asked what if it did not. She replied: "Well then you are rich."

I would rather not post a pic of it, but trust me it is true. After this gets resolved, I may post it. If I ever had the intent of just taking their money, I would have never called them three times in one day about it. The last time I had an overpayment or credit with them, it was for $15 and THEY are the ones who deposited in my bank account. Now if they do the same, I am not doing anything before I call a lawyer and talk to them again. It would be bad karma to steal what is not mine in the first place. I will keep this story updated.

That sounds like a very good idea. I have no idea what the legalities are and will be anxious to see how this unfolds.

+1!  It's possible you won a "shop here and you're automatically entered contest" or something, too.  It needs some real investigation.  I'm sure the attorney will recommend you document all your conversations with them, and posting here is a great start... but make sure you print out your phone records that show the time/duration of the calls.

You may also want to transcribe the calls to the best of your recollection.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 32 of 152
mkm77
Regular Contributor

If your Bank credits the check to your account they only have a few weeks to decide if it's "bad" and can not come after you for the money. Laws are in place so that you don't make a deposit and then lets say months in the future the bank figures out a check is bad and leaves you overdrawn. I think it is something like 21 days.

The dilema is that you have called 3 times and customer service seems to think "maybe you won a contest" or something to that effect. I'm not sure ethically how many times you have to plead your case but I think I would consider withdrawing the amount but do not cash it. AFTER I sent a certified letter detailing your experience with customer service and their insistance that it was yours and your intent is to deposit the check after 7 days I would then deposit it and wait a few months before going further. I would consider this...not sure what I would actually do.

You don't want to have fraud hanging over your head but I don't see how fraud could come into play after your attempts to clarify the issue. Ethically its a tough call. Maybe you did win a contest???

Message 33 of 152
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i wouldnt spend a signle penny.. if you do and WHEN the find the error they will make you pay it all back 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 34 of 152
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Forgive me for questioning the validity of this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 35 of 152
spartanspirit
Contributor

left thread to check victoria's secret account, sadly still 300 limit with no 100,000 credit.

Message 36 of 152
andre181
Established Contributor

I would call and request something in writing that states that this credit balance exists and is not the result of a mistake of either you or the bank.

They'll probably refuse to write such a statement, but if they do, it will very helpful in the event they do deposit/send it to you, even if it is just to prove that you did nothing wrong.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 37 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is an error and they cut you a check or credit your bank account I'd consult an attorney. If you won a contest, congrats and watch out for the tax implications.

Either way...WOW.

Message 38 of 152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@getmycreditright wrote:

Forgive me for questioning the validity of this.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 152
LS2982
Mega Contributor

If this is actually legit, I'm glad I don;t have accounts with WFNNB. If they're that stupid with money I'm not trusting them with my business!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 40 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.