cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100 signup bonus for Bank of America (?)

tag
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

$100 signup bonus for Bank of America (?)

So I've seen the $50 signup bonus all over the place for the Bank AmeriCard Cash Rewards Visa. It's on every website, including in giant red letters on their homepage. But if I login to my checking account, then go to the "Open an Account" tab it makes me an offer for a $100 signup bonus. Has anyone tried this? Is it a misprint or an old ad? Or is it a special deal just for current customers?

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $100 signup bonus for Bank of America (?)

@LTomBerry wrote:

So I've seen the $50 signup bonus all over the place for the Bank AmeriCard Cash Rewards Visa. It's on every website, including in giant red letters on their homepage. But if I login to my checking account, then go to the "Open an Account" tab it makes me an offer for a $100 signup bonus. Has anyone tried this? Is it a misprint or an old ad? Or is it a special deal just for current customers?

Probably a deal for current customers. When I log in, I also see the $100 bonus offer after $500 in purchases within 90 days of account opening. The public offer is $50 after making $100 of purchases within 60 days.

Message 2 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

I have the same offer when I logged in too. Maybe it is for existing BOA customers.

BoAOffers.JPG

Message 3 of 10
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Sweet, I just got off the phone with a rep who said the same thing. It is a legitimate offer for existing customers. I might just have to take them up on that offer soon, because a BofA Visa is part of my long-term plan already.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

I was offered and received the $100 offer as a new customer last month but it looks like they may have done away with that now.

Message 5 of 10
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Just make sure to document everything. I opened a checking account last year under a similar promo as an existing Visa customer and never received 1 of the statement credits I was supposed to get. Went round and round with various reps until I just gave up.

Message 6 of 10
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar situation with BoA not fulfilling their advertised promotion though it was ages ago.  Mine was for opening a checking acct  and referring a friend.  They never credited me the $. 

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 7 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

I also see this offer showing on my account. I am not going to appy though. I already have the same card with them.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't currently have a Bank of America checking account but received a pre-selected letter in the mail last week.  $100 cash reward bonus after making $500 in retail purchases within 90 days.  1% everywhere, 2% on groceries, 3% on gas.

Was thinking about applying but haven't yet.  But just wanted you to know it's not just existing customers getting this offer. 

Message 9 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

I got a hundred from Chase Freedom, and will get a hundred more when I reach the next spending level...  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.