Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k Amex Platinum Bonus Offer

tag
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Re: 100k Amex Platinum Bonus Offer

I'm waiting for the 75k on the PRG. First year free!
Message 21 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:
I'm waiting for the 75k on the PRG. First year free!

These are still floating around as targeted offers from time to time. I saw one earlier for 75k after 1k spend, 1st year AF waived.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 32
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Id like to app for prg w that sign up bonus! Is offer by mail?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 23 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
Id like to app for prg w that sign up bonus! Is offer by mail?

I think they usually are, yes.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 24 of 32
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info! I have my sight on prg for next month...man id like to get that offer! Lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 25 of 32
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Hmm.  Just got the mail.  Looking at a 100k signup bonus for 3k spending in 3 months for signing up for platinum.  Only problem is that it is not addressed to me, but to some previous resident.  Smiley Sad And I already have platinum.

Oh well... Just thought you guys should know targeted 100k offer is going out. 

Does this mean you illegaly opened someone elses mail? Shame!

Lol jk, I could care less.... 100k would be amazing.

Message 26 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Hmm.  Just got the mail.  Looking at a 100k signup bonus for 3k spending in 3 months for signing up for platinum.  Only problem is that it is not addressed to me, but to some previous resident.  Smiley Sad And I already have platinum.

Oh well... Just thought you guys should know targeted 100k offer is going out. 

Does this mean you illegaly opened someone elses mail? Shame!

Lol jk, I could care less.... 100k would be amazing.

It's a silver envelope that says on the front "What would you do with 100,000 Membership Rewards Points?" or something similar.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 27 of 32
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I'm confused by this. Do you have a link to an in-depth post of some kind? Are you saying that the strategy is to apply for the Platinum card, get the 100k sign-up bonus, then immediately PC to a green or regular gold then you can apply again for a PRG Gold signup bonus after 90 days?

Here’s what I mean.

Per Amex’s new policy, to be considered eligible for a sign-up bonus is if you haven’t had the product for 12 months, or *any* consumer charge card the past 90 days. For some reason, the MB Platinum is considered a different product and exempted from the above exclusion.

Therefore, a way to maximize the bonus would be the following app order:

1.  Platinum for 100K bonus.

2.  Apply for the Blue for 10K MR bonus.

3.  Before annual fee is due, cancel Platinum or anytime before (Blue will keep from losing MR Points).

4.  Apply for MB Platinum for another 50K MR bonus.

5.  90 days from cancellation date of *original* Platinum, app for PR Gold for another 50K (or 75K if you have access to it) bonus.

You can app in any order, but the premise is to utilize the MB Platinum’s exclusion to maximize the sign-up bonuses within new 12 month same product and 90 day same family product exclusions.

For instance, once a cardmember PCs from the Platinum to the PR Gold, then he's excluded from both product's sign up bonuses for 12 months.  So, if the PRG is the goal, rather than PC'ing, it's better to app for the MB Platinum, wait 90 days, and sign up for the PRG's 50K bonus.  This way, you get an extra 100K MR points, $400 airline credits, and an extra year of SPG Gold, compared to a PC to the PR Gold where all you get is 0 MR points and the chance to pay the $175 annual fee.

Got it. Interesting policy. Thanks!

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 28 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

I opted out of mail offers! How can I get into the charge card party?!

Message 29 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I forget.  Can a person use a RSVP code given to another person so they can get the sign up bonus attached to that RSVP code?  I forget.

Use to be able to not any more..sorry

I read somwhere (recently) that you are still able to use an RSVP code even if you aren't the original intendor. Has anyone tried this?

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.