Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10K in a Day!

tag
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

10K in a Day!

I just want to thank EVERYONE on here for helping me climb out of that black hole of "bad credit" that I've been in for the past 30 years, or so.

Thank you for helping me achieve my main goals for 2012--improve my scores so that I could quit paying to have extremely low-limit CC's, move to a better living situation, and buy a new car.

I ended up having to move first--did that in August. But things have still worked out, credit-wise...

Today, I got a credit union car loan and app'd for 4 CC's. I don't plan to app for anything else for the next 5 - 7 years after today.

Cards that I app'd for were Chase Freedom, Walmart, Discover More, and Amex Zync. Chase gave me a CL OF $2,500, Walmart gave me the plain card for $150 (very disappointing--that's the lowest CL I've ever had, even when my credit was bad), Discover More gave me a $7,500 CL, and Amex Zync is still pending verification of residency info. that I had to fax. It takes 24 - 48 hrs. For them to process that. I had an AMEX way back when I was in college, about 25 years ago, and figured if I got approved and then they backdated it, this would help my now severely-damaged AAoA. Smiley Happy

Credit union that I bank at First Community Credit Union, Saint Louis, MO ran TU Classic 4.0 and got a 714 for my score. My EQI is similarly scored on here; my EXP is the lowest, about 50 points lower (have a CO medical that I haven't been able to get off, even after paying OC and requesting CA deletion--still in midst of HIPAA process). Got approved for 20K at 1.74%!!

You guys and gals on here ROCK. Best credit wishes to all of y'all, 

-Trish

P.S. Oh, and my only 2 cards previous to these were 2 HSBC cards, one with a 800$ CL, the other with a $520 CL. with a AAoA of about 7 years.  2 months at current address, 15 years at current FT job (also have a PT one), and 80K gross.

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Re: 10K in a Day!

That is so great that you got your credit full filled so fast.  That is outstanding!!!!

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 2 of 21
rtw
Established Contributor

Congratulations! That's a great story.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Nice Discover limit as well!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

This is just great - period!

Congrats and great work!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 21
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!
Message 6 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@EandK23 wrote:
Congrats!!!

+1

Message 7 of 21
cd2004
Regular Contributor

awesome job..I think you should recon the Walmart, I am pretty sure they may give you a higher limit. They gave me 400CL and I was denied 7mths prior. Also since you were approved for Amex and Chase you should  be good.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 8 of 21
ummie

Sadly, I've read in multiple threads on here that recon'ing Walmart/GE is of no good whatsoever. It does seem rather odd, the fact that I got barely approved...order of hard pulls that day was Chase, car loan, Walmart, Amex, and finally (once I saw that Walmart did not give me Walmart Discover), Discover More with that CRAZY high limit!

What I've been wondering is if it perhaps has something to do with my length of time at this new residence. Their app really makes you pin it down to the month, whereas other companies like Chase did not inquire about my length of time at my new residence at all. I guess that I could call on Monday, but from what I understand is that if I recon with them, I must be prepared to get another HP. I have no need to use my credit score again until I need a new car (I am not planning to move nor buy a new car for years ), so  I must decide if an additional HP might be worth it...

By the way, how much negative score impact do you think I will observe by going from $1320 x 2 revolving lines with 7 years AAoA to (so far, for Amex is pending) to ($11,470  revolving x 3 new, diluting AAoA lines & the 2 old lines  + ~$15,000 new AAoA car loan for a new Honda Fit)?  I was just curious. I do promise to you all that when all of this new CC and loan pixie dust settles, I will post the final before and after result impact on here for everyone's edification.  I'll also post my final Amex decision, and if I get anything from them, whether the backdate attempt works (or not), and that impact, too. For the key to success for all of us here on MyFico is sharing info. with one another, and being able to learn from each other's successes and failures instead of having to experience every single thing ourselves.

Message 9 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@trishdadish wrote:

Cards that I app'd for were Chase Freedom, Walmart, Discover More, and Amex Zync. Chase gave me a CL OF $2,500, Walmart gave me the plain card for $150 (very disappointing--that's the lowest CL I've ever had, even when my credit was bad), Discover More gave me a $7,500 CL, and Amex Zync is still pending verification of residency info. that I had to fax. It takes 24 - 48 hrs. For them to process that. I had an AMEX way back when I was in college, about 25 years ago, and figured if I got approved and then they backdated it, this would help my now severely-damaged AAoA. Smiley Happy

If I were you...I'd inquire about that CL to Walmart since you've already taken a HP...even NEW to credit get at least 500 CL. $150? That can't be right!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.