Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: 10K in a Day!

Congrats

Message 11 of 21
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Update: Called Amex today, they said that I was approved for the Zync that I had app'd for. I have no idea what kind of charging power that the new Zync card will have; I had honestly wanted it mainly for diversity, and of course to see if it could be backdated, for I recall having an AMEX card back in the 1980's when I was in college. If this gambit works, it would greatly help to improve my battered AAoA. If not, then I haven't lost much.

Bought my 2 scores from here today to serve as a baseline for measuring any future changes due to the added lines. TU = 717, but my EQI had dropped 15 points from 2 weeks ago, and is now only 685. I am perplexed as to why, for the util shown is only $39 of the $1320 total credit for the 2 lines that i have/had. 

Looks like 3 of the inquiries that hit this Friday were made to TU (Chase, Walmart, and the credit union loan app), while the Amex app went to Experian.  Discover app'd EQI. I am in St. Louis, MO, should anyone be curious about that...I know that different parts of the country may favor different CRAs.

I am planning to buy 2 new myFICO reports in 2-3 more weeks and then again 2-3 weeks after that, just to examine the forensic impact of having done this sort of extreme "all-in, let the chips fall where they may, for I'm done!" app'ing.

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 12 of 21
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Called Walmart to complain about the (almost) useless $150 limit. The underwriter re-reviewed, assuring that it would be a soft pull only (this turned out to be true).  She then increased my Walmart store card limit to $1,500 from the original $150 granted.

Decided also to do 1 FINAL app for Amazon Visa, since I am a Prime member. Wanted the always-on grocery store. gas, office supply, and drugstore cash-back benefits (I am a couponer, and I buy lots from drugstores). Got approved for $1,500. 

Total # of new credit cards: 5

Total amt. of new credit card limits: $13,000

Total # of old credit cards: 2

Old credit card limit: $1,320

I am most DEFINITELY gardening now!

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 13 of 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Niiice.  Don't understand why Wal Mart gave you such a low limit but all your other cards got nice limits and lovin Discovers CL.  Good thing is Wal Mart has possibility for cli's every 4 months so it won't stay low, G.L.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 21
cd2004
Regular Contributor

@trishdadish wrote:

Called Walmart to complain about the (almost) useless $150 limit. The underwriter re-reviewed, assuring that it would be a soft pull only (this turned out to be true).  She then increased my Walmart store card limit to $1,500 from the original $150 granted.

Decided also to do 1 FINAL app for Amazon Visa, since I am a Prime member. Wanted the always-on grocery store. gas, office supply, and drugstore cash-back benefits (I am a couponer, and I buy lots from drugstores). Got approved for $1,500. 

Total # of new credit cards: 5

Total amt. of new credit card limits: $13,000

Total # of old credit cards: 2

Old credit card limit: $1,320

I am most DEFINITELY gardening now!

I knew you would get more from Walmart.. congrats!!

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 15 of 21
sccredit
Valued Contributor

This is awesome!  Congratulations!!!!!!! Cat Very Happy

Message 16 of 21
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Thank you all again for your kind words! I do have a SIGNIFICANT update to tell you all about:

This morning, I called AMEX and asked a CSR about backdating. The CSR, quite frankly, was a bit hostile when I brought up backdating--I reassured him that it would make me PROUD to have my card indicate that I had been a member for longer than 2012. His whole demeanor changed after I said that---and he asked me what date I had joined in the past. He told me that the SS# alone would not be enough. I told him that I was not certain, but that I started college in 1990, and that I was pretty sure that I had gotten a new AMEX around that time. He told me that they would research it and then I would be sent a card indicating 1990. I checked online immediately after the call, and nada, 2012.

Got to work an hour later, just checked, and voila! Online it now says that I have been a member since 1990!!!!!!!!

I was incorrect earlier when I said the AAoA of my 2 existing accounts was 7 years--I looked at an old post I made on here, and see that it is actually only 5 years. I have 5 new accounts now, including the new AMEX account. With the 22 year-old account that I will be getting from AMEX, and assuming that AMEX will be reporting to all 3 credit agencies, I figure that this should give me 4 years per new account immediately (at least after it hits the credit agencies), and in 1 more year after all accounts have aged a year, they should all be at 5 years apiece! Woo-hoo!!! I am SOOOOOOO glad that I app'd AMEX!

Message 17 of 21
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Here's my promised 2 - 3 wk. post-app update:

I just checked my EQI and TU scores on MyFico.

TU is now 719 (up 2 pts from 9/17, when I app'd for all of that new credit)

EQI is now 710 (up 25 pts from 9/17, when I last app'd....)

The only new credit cards reporting, as of now, are AMEX and the Walmart store card. The Discover, Chase Amazon, and Chase Freedom are not reporting anywhere, as of yet. That will be 3 more credit lines totalling $11,500.....it will be interesting to see how much things change after that happens. I hope that if I take a huge hit, that my scores recover at least back to today's levels within 12 months!

Oh, I forgot: I must buy the car before month's end--that'll surely put a wrench into things, as well. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@ummie wrote:

Sadly, I've read in multiple threads on here that recon'ing Walmart/GE is of no good whatsoever. It does seem rather odd, the fact that I got barely approved...order of hard pulls that day was Chase, car loan, Walmart, Amex, and finally (once I saw that Walmart did not give me Walmart Discover), Discover More with that CRAZY high limit!

What I've been wondering is if it perhaps has something to do with my length of time at this new residence. Their app really makes you pin it down to the month, whereas other companies like Chase did not inquire about my length of time at my new residence at all. I guess that I could call on Monday, but from what I understand is that if I recon with them, I must be prepared to get another HP. I have no need to use my credit score again until I need a new car (I am not planning to move nor buy a new car for years ), so  I must decide if an additional HP might be worth it...

By the way, how much negative score impact do you think I will observe by going from $1320 x 2 revolving lines with 7 years AAoA to (so far, for Amex is pending) to ($11,470  revolving x 3 new, diluting AAoA lines & the 2 old lines  + ~$15,000 new AAoA car loan for a new Honda Fit)?  I was just curious. I do promise to you all that when all of this new CC and loan pixie dust settles, I will post the final before and after result impact on here for everyone's edification.  I'll also post my final Amex decision, and if I get anything from them, whether the backdate attempt works (or not), and that impact, too. For the key to success for all of us here on MyFico is sharing info. with one another, and being able to learn from each other's successes and failures instead of having to experience every single thing ourselves.

This is not rue from my experience. When I applied for the Chase Freedom last week they called to verify a few things. They did ask how long I have been at my current resident. I told them 1 year and he made a statement "That is good." I guessing if it was less than one year then they might not consider on application.

edit: Congrats!!!!

Message 19 of 21
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Chase called my bank and I had to enter info. allowing Chase to verify my current address (using their automated line), but I was never asked, point-blank, just how long I had lived here. Perhaps the questions that one gets asked each time are arbitrary and YMMV?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.