Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10k TY Points Retention Offer for Citi Prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10k TY Points Retention Offer for Citi Prestige

Just want to share my anecdotal story for getting rentention offer for the Prestige, if anyone interested, especially for those who plan to keep it.

Today I called to cancel my Citi Prestige, when the CSR asked for the reason, I said the experience was unsastisfactory. They then transferred me to retention , who asked for the specifics, which I gave the examples of their flight cumbersome booking website and automated phone system, compared with immediate live person from Chase CSP. The retention rep. offered 10k TY point for $3000 spent in 6 months.

My AF comes up in May. If I cancel next January after taking advantage of the airline credit, the pro-rated refund + retention offer will probably comes out even with the AF I'll to pay soon. So I think it's a pretty decent offer, and since I can't apply for CSR yet, might as well keep the Prestige as I travel occasionally Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: 10k TY Points Retention Offer for Citi Prestige

Awesome news KoF88!  I still like the card, the forth night free hotel is a great perk, even with the nerfing of the card. I do agree the robo call system does not belong on a card like the Prestige!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until 5/24, I agree. Retention offers!
Message 3 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share my anecdotal story for getting rentention offer for the Prestige, if anyone interested, especially for those who plan to keep it.

Today I called to cancel my Citi Prestige, when the CSR asked for the reason, I said the experience was unsastisfactory. They then transferred me to retention , who asked for the specifics, which I gave the examples of their flight cumbersome booking website and automated phone system, compared with immediate live person from Chase CSP. The retention rep. offered 10k TY point for $3000 spent in 6 months.

My AF comes up in May. If I cancel next January after taking advantage of the airline credit, the pro-rated refund + retention offer will probably comes out even with the AF I'll to pay soon. So I think it's a pretty decent offer, and since I can't apply for CSR yet, might as well keep the Prestige as I travel occasionally Smiley Very Happy

I guess the offer is ok if you want to keep the card. I'd rather spend 3k somewhere else, but if you are not doing new apps etc I suppose it works. The prestige went from being one of my top cards to quite the disappointment with all the changes. Also keep in mind that by doing this you are increasing the amount of time you would have to wait to app for a new prestige card and get a whole new bonus. You have to wait two years from when you last receieved the bonus, but if you open/close or PC a card it restarts the two year clock. I have the prestige and premier and will likely dump both this year to reset the clock baring a strong retention offer. I was planning on PCing my prestige into a citi double cash, since I think that card may be more useful to me long term. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That'll do. I'd prefer a statement credit when my time comes, but that's just me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.