cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Months with Barclays, still no auto CLI?

tag
7ate9
Valued Member

12 Months with Barclays, still no auto CLI?

I'm just wondering am I the only one here who doesn't seem to get auto CLIs from Barclay.  I have the Barclaycard Reward Mastercard which I opened a year ago.  I was hoping for a CLI at the 6 month mark. But when it didn't happen I never bothered to call and ask for one because I didn't want any unneeded inquiries on my report.  I had planned on buying a house (just closed last week on the 6th!) so I was being very mindful to avoid inquiries for any reason.  

When I first got the card last November, my FICOs were in the 650 range.  At the six month mark, they were in the 680 range, and now they're in the 690s, so close to breaking 700.  Since having this card, I have not apped for any additional credit except for my mortgage, so I've added three mortgage inquiries in the time I've had the card, bringing my total to 5 inquiries on TU.  I've taken great care of this account.  On average I charge about $450/mo on the card, and usually make two payments per month, always paying down to a $1.00 balance to day before the statement cuts so that $1.00 balance gets reported.

I just can't figure out why I haven't gotten an auto CLI at the 6 mo mark and again now that my 12th statement was cut last week?

Has anyone else experienced this with Barclay's?  Now that I closed on my mortgage, I can afford an inquiry on my report.  I'm tempted to call them and ask for a CLI, but I'm wondering if anyone has not gotten any auto CLIs in their first year with them. I have a $1000 limit with them, if I call I will probably ask for $3000.  I understand that my scores may not necessarily warrant a $3000 starting limit with anyone, however I feel that my first year account history with them has proven that I'm ready to handle a larger credit limit.

FYI, I also have a Cap 1 No Hassle card with a $1500 limit that I also let report with a $1.00 balance every month, an Open Sky secured CC with a $500 limit and a Cap 1 secured card with a $300 limit.  Both secured cards were opened in 2010 and have been sock drawered since getting the Barclay card.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

TU08 740(1/20/16)

Last app: 06/19/2015
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Re: 12 Months with Barclays, still no auto CLI?

These guys are very stingy with CLI's and are a pain with their CLD's

I have a barclays carnival card. started at 700 then one day it went up to 1200. I opened two new accounts and the following month they dropped it to 500. **bleep**? They hate new accounts and I had to go through a bunch of hoops just to bump it a measly 500.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 2 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

When i got my Juni card approx 4 yrs ago, it went over 14 months with no increase.  It was during the credit crunch, and i didn't expect one anyway.  I called in and spoke to an analyst and got bumped to 3k, and every since then i've only received one auto cli.  All the rest were initiated by me, and customer service used to soft for cli, but i believe it is hard pull now. Don't take it personally, as i guess some accounts get passed over while monitoring.  I am finally at the credit limit i desired, and if they are going to give me more, then they will have to auto cli.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hit the same situation. I am absolutely frustrated. I called in and they would only review the account with a HP. This to me is ridiculous, they SP all the time and just SP on 10/28. I disagreed with the Rep that was very polite stating my account usage (always PIF) and a SP should be more than enough. I was told by this rep that was the only way a CLI could be processed with Barclays. So, if you speak to another division and do not take a HP. Please let me know. 

I do not want a 5k + limit. I just want a CL that would make the Rewards program more valuable.

I could careless at this point about this card. I have fought the good fight and lost with Barclays. Which should be called Capital One by now with their practices.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my wifes Barclays that I apped for her 3 months ago and they auto CLI her to 350 to 1050............FML

Her credit is very very very poor....CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 6
7ate9
Valued Member

I ended up calling and asking about their normal CLI process.  He did say that accounts are reviewed every 6 months and a CLI is granted if the account has been maintained in good standing during that period.  When I asked him why I hadn't received a CLI at my 6mo or my 12mo points, he couldn't offer an explanation.  So he asked me if I wanted to initiate the request for one and I agreed to the HP.  I asked for $3000 but they countered with $2000.  Part of me wanted to haggle for $2500 but I don't think I would've gotten it.  I took the $2000 and politely thanked him and that was that.

Whether or not I'll get auto CLIs in the future is anybody's guess.  But one thing I'm sure of, I won't be requesting another CLI from them within the next 24 months.  I don't care to have multiple inquiries on my CR from the same lender.... so my CL with them may possibly stay at $2000 for the next 24 months, and that's fine with me.

TU08 740(1/20/16)

Last app: 06/19/2015
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.