New Contributor

12 Recon Calls to Chase to SUCCESS!

I called Chase and initated a CLI on both my Freedom and my Southwest Premier cards. (Freedom was at $3000, and Southwest was at $1000)

Both were declined so I called recon. They approved the Southwest card to make it $3000 after some questions but the Freedom card was not approved.

I called everyday for the past 12 days and finally convinced one of the credit analysts...I got my Chase Freedom up to $5000.

Preserverance is key! I wasn't going to let them hard pull me for nothing!

CapitalOne Platinum - $1500
Chase Freedom - $5000 Chase Southwest Premier - $3000
Discover More - $3700
Barclays US Airways - $1500
American Express Platinum, Gold PRG, and Zync - NPSL
Valued Contributor

Re: 12 Recon Calls to Chase to SUCCESS!

Thats awesome!!

I had to deal with a wrongful collection on my CR and it took 12+ calls to several people as well, but finally getting a collection off all 3 of my reports that has been on there since 2007. I didn't know about it until i joined this forum and pulled my reports.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor

Re: 12 Recon Calls to Chase to SUCCESS!

Wow. That's great! 

Congratulations to you!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.