cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120k in credit, in 6 months now what?

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: 120k in credit, in 6 months now what?

My answer?  Gloat.  Proudly.    Smiley Wink

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! Lol my focus in the coming year or so will also to be increase the quality of my credit lines! As in, get higher limits with prime cards and back off of the GECRB lines!
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you kroberts67

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!! Lol my focus in the coming year or so will also to be increase the quality of my credit lines! As in, get higher limits with prime cards and back off of the GECRB lines!
Good luck!

Thanks young.Thats exatcly what i did.cli is the key out there

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

"You are not the contents of your wallet" - Tyler Durden

Just joking man. Congrats on the high limits. I am jealous.

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Good luck!

Thanks young.Thats exatcly what i think helpd the situation/CLI

Message 16 of 36
android01
Valued Contributor

It still amazes me that so many people continue to  consider or try and get credit from those they have defaulted on in the past.  My advice is to consider yourself as lucky with what you have, and leave well enough alone.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats that's quite an accomplishment

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 36
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

It's a nice accomplishment and I can relate. I've spent the last two months getting my limits up to $123k from a start of $25k. I realize now that I was under utilizing my credit situation.

As for what you do now? You never mentioned your interest rates. Lots of people pay their cards in full every month and don't care but your interest rate is also the measure of how a financial institution sees you, as well as the limit they give you. I'd work on that. Happy gardening.
Message 19 of 36
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Sevenfeet wrote:
It's a nice accomplishment and I can relate. I've spent the last two months getting my limits up to $123k from a start of $25k. I realize now that I was under utilizing my credit situation.

Me too. I can relate to this as well. 

I thought I was "doing something" by having around $36k of available credit. I had just been doing very incrimental credit limit increase requests. I had no idea that I should have been asking for THREE TIMES whatever my credit limit was. $36k to $100k now and I'm just going to chill with that.

Maybe do Pen Fed line 6 months from now

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.