Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12th Statement Cut and No CLI :(

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

12th Statement Cut and No CLI :(

Well today was the day I was waiting for, my 1 year anniversary with Barclay Rewards MC.  I got a nice double CLI at the 6 month mark $1300->$2600 and hoped for the same at the one year mark.  Statement just cut today and nothing... sort of discouraging, since this credit rebuilding has become an obsession.  May have to take a break from the forums and my credit card websites to let myself calm down a bit Smiley Sad  Maybe someday Ill be in the 5K CL club...

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 12th Statement Cut and No CLI :(

The game of credit is not a race, you will kill yourself if you try to treat it as such, time is your friend in this game and the only healer of wounds..

Message 2 of 15
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Don't give up and don't give in. You've come to far....hang in there!!!
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 3 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Hang in there, buddy!  Look at it this way though...your Barclays just turned 1yr old, transitioning into a solid account!  Once you get that auto luv (which i think it will be very soon), it'll be one flawless looking bad boy account buddy.   In the meantime, how about sending your $20 Starbucks card that you're getting from Discover and call Barclays and bargain w/ them? Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

This is true gdale wish it was that easy to be patient with this stuff. And once again solid advice yudeology! I'm actually drinking a Starbucks right now (not free yet lol). I guess I will be happy with the fact that it's a solid 1 year TL with perfect history. Gotta look at those positives Smiley Happy. Thanks for the replies guys.
Message 5 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Well today was the day I was waiting for, my 1 year anniversary with Barclay Rewards MC.  I got a nice double CLI at the 6 month mark $1300->$2600 and hoped for the same at the one year mark.  Statement just cut today and nothing... sort of discouraging, since this credit rebuilding has become an obsession.  May have to take a break from the forums and my credit card websites to let myself calm down a bit Smiley Sad  Maybe someday Ill be in the 5K CL club...

the 5k club is around the corner for you ERoad! Hang in there. I know the feeling but knew the best thing to do is wait a little longer and good things would come to be...:-)

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thanks dodgerslv, I'm trying to patiently wait for that 5k day!  Until then I'll get a bit more time behind my newer accounts and see if that opens any "doors" for me! 

Message 7 of 15
Luscher
Valued Contributor

garden and then get in with chase and amex and you should see some higher scores. not a fan of barclays or cap1 personally.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

1.5 years and I haven't even gotten one increase.  I would have thought they would have given me at least something!  I even call to ask about PC'ing and get told that the only thing I can change to is the Arrival card. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 15
hayhayhayday
Established Member

I have heard some get on 13th statmeent. is util same as at 6 mo if you dont pif?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.