Did you mean: 

13+INQUIRIES-NO PROBLEM!!!!

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: 13+INQUIRIES-NO PROBLEM!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

I see so much hype about HP and "watch out for that inquiry".  I think people need to relax and understand that you can have a ton of inquiries and still get approved.  Almost all of my accounts were open with 8+ inquiries and my last 2 were 13+(chase preferred with 14 on EX)  Yes it will keep you from that 800+ fico but life still goes on.  IMO- inquiries are the easiest things to get a recon on.  However,  Im not suggesting that you keep applying for cards when you repeatedly keep getting denied.

Ok so you have one example (yourself) of someone getting approved with lots of inquiries.  There are dozens of examples on myfico of people with single digit inquiries getting denied for "too many inquiries."  You are an exception, and are no indication that inquiries do not hurt your chances for approval.

+1

Message 11 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so you have one example (yourself) of someone getting approved with lots of inquiries.  There are dozens of examples on myfico of people with single digit inquiries getting denied for "too many inquiries."  You are an exception, and are no indication that inquiries do not hurt your chances for approval.

+1!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@redwalker2929 wrote:

I see so much hype about HP and "watch out for that inquiry".  I think people need to relax and understand that you can have a ton of inquiries and still get approved.  Almost all of my accounts were open with 8+ inquiries and my last 2 were 13+(chase preferred with 14 on EX)  Yes it will keep you from that 800+ fico but life still goes on.  IMO- inquiries are the easiest things to get a recon on.  However,  Im not suggesting that you keep applying for cards when you repeatedly keep getting denied.

I would specify in your thread 'In my situation, the inqs didn't matter'  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

In my case the inquiries only mattered to Chase. Not even Amex or Barclays, but they  did care that my cards weren't a year old though.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I'm curious to know what kind of rates you are getting.  I see you are approved for the credit cards, but are you getting their best rates or are you suffering here because of the inquiries?  Also, I am wondering if your credit limits themselves could be higher but because of seeking so much credit, they are diminished?  Thanks for your response. 

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.