cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1500 --> $10,000 Orchard Bank Card via Cap One EO!

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: $1500 --> $10,000 Orchard Bank Card via Cap One EO!

@myjourney wrote:

All you can say is 

WoW

Cap 1 is changing all aspects of its business plans it would seem and congrats

NO they are not.  If they were changing truthfully we wouldn't have to go through the EO get things done!  Sorry to disagree with you!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 39
Axa
New Contributor

You are officially on my hero list. Congratulations!!!

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 13 of 39
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Axa wrote:

You are officially on my hero list. Congratulations!!!

Haha thanks everybody XD everyone on here is my hero, for posting such great information Smiley Happy I wouldn't have learned about the Cap One EO at all, the unsecurin process being done to the Orchards, nor the ability to get a CLI on it!

Not to mention learning about the GECRB 4 month increases (I see you JCP; you're up next in May!)

Here's to healthy credit for everybody!

Message 14 of 39
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Holy crap! Now I think I'll write an email about my household card. lol

Congrats!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 39
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

All you can say is 

WoW

Cap 1 is changing all aspects of its business plans it would seem and congrats

NO they are not.  If they were changing truthfully we wouldn't have to go through the EO get things done!  Sorry to disagree with you!

Agree to disagree ....doesn't matter how they come ($$$$$$/CLI's ) just long as they come!  

What I see and this is just IMO cap1 started giving away money to its customers but now has also included its newly aquired customers as well in an attempt to satisfy all.

Be it underwriting,Csr,EO...all other companies take phone calls

CAP1 doesn't they take emails...Lol Works for meSmiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 39
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Holy crap! Now I think I'll write an email about my household card. lol

Congrats!

Go for it! I aimed big, and it paid out!

Another poster I was reading decided to ask for $35,000! That's a little above and beyond for me, but hey, if they could get that or an excellent counter offer, more power toward him/her!

All the best Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 39
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Say what??!!!! 10k? 'Picks up jaw from floor' WOW! Way to go! Congrats!!!!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 18 of 39
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Say what??!!!! 10k? 'Picks up jaw from floor' WOW! Way to go! Congrats!!!!

Lol!! Insane, right?! I nearly fainted at work when I saw it! Blew my mind XD

Message 19 of 39
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hey everybody!

So at the recommendation of zerobacan (hope i spelled that right...sorry dude!), decided to post my success with the Cap One EO and my Orchard Bank account.

Previously had a $1,500 limit, and this card was just recently UNSECURED in January, so I got my deposit back, as a thank-you for having a great history (with them and overall credit) and as a transition into Cap One this summer. Since I saw a few people having success on their formerly HSBC backed cards through the Cap One EO, decided to send off an e-mail on Friday. Fella called me yesterday afternoon, wasn't able to answer since I was working. Tried to call back that evening when I got out, and he already left. So, I left a voicemail and he was able to catch me this morning before I clocked into work! Had all the information in the e-mail that he needed, so he just asked if it was okay to take a hard pull (ouch, but hey, worth it!), and if he could leave a voicemail with the results. Haven't gotten a call back from him, I assume he's still working on the annual fee renewel.

But so far? BAM! CLI from $1,500 tooooooo $10,000!!!

Screen shot 2013-03-20 at 7.35.53 PM.png

Not sure what bureau they could've pulled yet...banking on Equifax since that seems to be the go-to bureau for Orchard Bank...however I locked myself out of the dispute application so I can't check it Smiley Sad will try again with my confirmation code. If it's not equifax, I can't check TU or EX until my free services (CK,CS,credit.com) update Smiley Mad

So for now, I'll keep my spade until I figure out if and what bureau was pulled Smiley Very Happy

Best of luck to all those Orchard Bank/Household/HSBC account holders!!

What did you write in the message? Not really sure how to convey what I want nicely (mainly AF removal and CLI...) please PM! thanks.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.