Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 and Clean, Thin File

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 18 and Clean, Thin File

I'm surprised Cap1 hasn't broken up with me yet Smiley Wink

Might look into Discover, though my 4 favorite lunch spots near the office don't accept it, but I could use it for many other things. How often can you request soft pull CLIs? 

Message 41 of 48
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm surprised Cap1 hasn't broken up with me yet Smiley Wink

Might look into Discover, though my 4 favorite lunch spots near the office don't accept it, but I could use it for many other things. How often can you request soft pull CLIs? 

I like discover... its the highest CL in my wallet... Was on their express train for CLIs for a while....

Discovers MO is thin, clean reports.... They like folks... preferabily reporting a score, and at least 6mo history... Yes student cards can be gotten without a score reporting but id probably try for the non-student Discover... Student cards seem to take longer to "break out" into the higher limits... 

I waited for three months after getting the card, and ended up with an AUTO_CLI after the third statement... then i hit the button again... Ta-Dah.... Rinsed and repeated every 31 or so days.. then it went to 60 days....    Some folks have submitted every day.. (but it does lock you for a time on requests).... Think once every 31 days is enough.. youll figure out your groove... or if they dont like you =) ... otherwise youll have a mailbox full of letters which will likely say Not enough exp with current limit...

(usually means they arent ready to give you one).....

The other thing is dont be dissapointed in the starting CL if its on the lowish side..  I swear its a probationary period with them ... Though some folks start out high out of the gate... I wasn't one of them .. 

They are not Cap1.. when they offer you a CLI.. take it... 

Also they do entertain APR reductions every 6 months or so... AFTER your intro offer is expired.....

-J

-J

Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some new data points...

I successfully upgraded my Journey to a Quicksilver (account age almost 4 months) with no change in limit via secure chat.

I product changed my Freedom Unlimited to the Freedom (account age 6 months) via secure chat. I want to eventually get the Freedom Unlimited again, but only after I get a Sapphire Reserve so the 1.5% becomes 2% effectively. My banker at Chase said they might be phasing out this card, so I wanted to lock it in if in event it does not exist in two years when I want to make that app.

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

New data point...pre-qualified for Amex BCE and ED online @ 17.74% APR. Still waiting for CLI on Capital One before applying.

Weird that I am not pre-qualified for PRG or any other charge cards...

ALSO: I was only pre-qualified by using priviate browsing on Safari. WEIRD.

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed this, which is super weird. I also have the 18mo 0% APR offer on my Freedom. I never noticed this before until I looked at the bottom part of my statement and won't use it, but still pretty strange to me that Chase would give me that offer on my first CC (espc since they offered me the lowest limit).

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I am getting the 100K Platinum offer via Baidu trick and $250 offer on the BCE...please someone give me the strength to resist temptation and not app, or maybe I should? I mean I really SHOULD wait until Credit Steps kicks in on my QS and the new limit reports...right? 

Message 46 of 48
iced
Valued Contributor

Theres no reason to take the 100K now unless you want the card anyway. If you're tempted because you think it's some special offer, rest assured it's not. They offer 100K all the time.

Does that help put you at ease?
Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do want the card and I do know they offer 100k every so often. But I just needed to hear someone else say it Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.