Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 years old

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 18 years old

My first CC at the age of 18 (12 years ago) was a Sunoco gas card. Shortly after receiving it I maxed it out and never made a payment. I thought it was the best thing in the world. Thinking back I must say I was irresponsible and naive. After it was charged off I didn't get a CC until 2 years ago and that was a Fingerhut. Lessons learned!

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont remember what CCC i had, but it was a Visa and I was a senior in high school (2000).  Don't know what happened to it, lost track after graduating and going in the Marines.

I do remember using it for the first time at a fair we had in our city every year...fun times!!

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

I actually had my very 1st credit card at 17.  I lied on the application, stating that I was 18 and low and behold they still gave me the card.  It was a JCPenney card. I learned some very valuable lessons from that situation.  I'm still with JCP, rebuilt my relationship with them 2 years ago, and my CL is $6,000. Live & LEARN!!! Smiley Wink

What?! Don't CCC/CB check your birthday to validate information?! 

Never knew this was even remotely possible!

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My first CC at the age of 18 (12 years ago) was a Sunoco gas card. Shortly after receiving it I maxed it out and never made a payment. I thought it was the best thing in the world. Thinking back I must say I was irresponsible and naive. After it was charged off I didn't get a CC until 2 years ago and that was a Fingerhut. Lessons learned!

Looks like you're doing pretty well now!

Message 24 of 32
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

I actually had my very 1st credit card at 17.  I lied on the application, stating that I was 18 and low and behold they still gave me the card.  It was a JCPenney card. I learned some very valuable lessons from that situation.  I'm still with JCP, rebuilt my relationship with them 2 years ago, and my CL is $6,000. Live & LEARN!!! Smiley Wink

I got a credit card offer in the mail in my name when I was probably around 8 years old or so! My parents wouldn't let me apply though... told me how bad credit cards are and never to get any... didn't stop me 10 years later Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 32
tacpoly
Established Contributor

This was decades ago but I had an Amex charge card (no preset limit) and the Optima card basically when it first came out (~35K credit limit) and a Visa (~55K credit limit).

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alkaline wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

I got a credit card offer in the mail in my name when I was probably around 8 years old or so! My parents wouldn't let me apply though... told me how bad credit cards are and never to get any... didn't stop me 10 years later Smiley Very Happy

Whaattt you are so lucky Smiley Sad how the heck does that stuff happen.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRe: 18 years old

Stuff like that happens a the time, lol. My 8-year-old brother got jury duty about 5 times in his life, and my 11-year-old sister got pre-approved for car insurance twice now. Checked their CRs, just in case of identity theft, but nope, all clean. So I don't even know how this is possible.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue cash from amex and the citi platinum dividend 

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bank with wells fargo and since the day I turned 18 they have been bugging me to sign up for a student cc. Well a year later they finally got me! That was my only card for the next two years and it had no rewards program whatsoever.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.