Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Premier Approval or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Premier Approval or not?

I am in the process of building my credit and applied for a 1st Premier Credit Card and got the following message.

Thank you for applying. Account approval is pending. We will continue to process your application. If additional information is needed, you will be sent a letter in approximately 7 to 14 days.

What does this mean? and generally what type of initial credit lines does 1st Premier give.

TU: 481
EQ: 554
EX: 565

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: 1st Premier Approval or not?

Its might be a approval, but they do charged a lot of differents types of fees, If you have the money put

down on a secured card and start with that.

Many banks offer secured cards.

Wells Fargo, BoA, and your local Credit Union.
Message 2 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

fp usually gives CLs of 250-350.  however, for some people there are fees initially that leave you w/75 or so 'available'.  also there's the monthly fee, a fee for paying online, etc.  i've had FP for just over 1 year- 2 cards, CLs of 250 and 350.  no auto CLIs.  if you want a CLI, FP wants you to pay $25, which sort of defeats the point as their usual CLIs are only for $100.

i plan to dump FP just before my '2 yr anniversary' w/them.

btw, have you tried orchard?  they're pretty flexible in terms of credit scores and have slightly less fees than FP
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a BoA secured card for the last 4 months and haven't missed a payment. All in all I'm just tryna build my credit...as long as they don't charge a fee just to open the card i'm fine w/ the other fees don't plan on using it much but once a month and then paying it off completely.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what credit bureau do they use by the way?
Message 5 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

When I got my First Premier card many, many years ago it started with a $400 limit with $300+ in fees billed to the card. A $99 one time participation fee, $99 AF, monthly maintenance fee, the whole nine yards.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not recommend First Premier to my worst enemy.  They give you 250 cl and 178 in fees. WTH???  Try Orchard, HSBC, even Applied Bank is better.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

smooth wrote:hank you for applying. Account approval is pending. We will continue to process your application. If additional information is needed, you will be sent a letter in approximately 7 to 14 days.

I got that message when I applied to 1st Premier. I got the card, with a $300 limit. And by the way, it actually appeared on all three credit reports about a week before I got the card. That was an interesting way to find out I'd been approved!
Message 8 of 9
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

They do pulls before they offer credit... Not sure if they are hard or soft... Im thinking they are soft. I had them years ago and settled an account before it was closed. I didnt know they were so subprime. I enjoy my tribute, Orchard, credit one bank and cap one subprimes so I just ignore there offers...
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.