Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st USAA offer...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st USAA offer...

Sheesh I havent been on here in quite a while...

Checked my email one day and saw that USAA had sent an offer email..I didnt look into at the time. As I was making changes to my insurance policy I remember to check my offers tab and look what I see:

Offer.PNG

I'm not too excited about that APR Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: 1st USAA offer...

Offers will be based on your credit.  If you're not too happy about the APR -- and that is a high APR for the Rate Advantage card -- then you still have some work to do on your credit.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum and continue to identify and work on addressing issues on your reports.  Don't just respond to offers.  Get your credit in shape and then sort out your needs/wants and use that to select products that suit you.

Message 2 of 9
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Offers will be based on your credit.  If you're not too happy about the APR -- and that is a high APR for the Rate Advantage card -- then you still have some work to do on your credit.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum and continue to identify and work on addressing issues on your reports.  Don't just respond to offers.  Get your credit in shape and then sort out your needs/wants and use that to select products that suit you.

I'm not sure about that. My credit is over 800, my available credit is over 250k, high income and I still get crappy offers from usaa. Oh and still no cli.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

I'm not sure about that. My credit is over 800, my available credit is over 250k, high income and I still get crappy offers from usaa. Oh and still no cli.

Exactly. Sometimes is less about your profile and more about the lender.

Please ignore the response above. That member is known for making these robotic comments and then abandoning the thread. He makes assumptions about a person's overall profile without asking questions. It doesn't help the community at all. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol! Thanks for your guidance but my credit reports have been clean since last year. My scores are in the 700s and I have no debt other than student loans. I'm not applying for this card because I don't need it but I am happy to see offers finally coming back in I've applied several times for other cards with them and was denied when my credit was in great shape. Thought this was APR was pretty high compared to my other cards. I do have a few balances but my overall is under 10% and paid on time. 

Message 5 of 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

USAA has their own way of approving cards and loans. 

I am a longtime member and have had cards with them for decades (plus insurance and other products). 10% interest on the card and always PIF prior to statement.

Applied for an AMEX travel card and was denied but offered a secured card. 

Why? FICO scores were 750+ solid income, never missed a payment. App spree with a TON of new accounts. I was chasing sign-up bonuses and positioning myself to increase available credit. Scores now hovering between 780 - 810 and the only offer I currently have is for an Auto loan.

My guess is that time may be what is needed to get better offers ('my credit reports have been clean since last year')

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got two offers for the rate advantage card and, like yours, the APR was too high. Ignored both. Shortly after expiration of the second one I got this offer:

Jumped all over that one!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well look what comes from being patient! I probably would of jumped on that too 😂😂😂
Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I with the others that think it sometimes is the lender and almost everyone gets bad or good offers. Patience does pay off though! It should when it's so hard to have!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.