Did you mean: 

1st attempt to recon.....bad

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 1st attempt to recon.....bad

@Duncanrr wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Chase will not approve if you have lates less than a year old; that is what an analyst told my brother anyway. I would suggest waiting until January, otherwise you may get stuck with a $500 limit like many others have gotten.

That's not accurate. In early September I was instantly approved for Chase Amazon Visa for 2k CL and then approved for Freedom 3 days later after successful recon. i had a long string of lates on my CR. my last late was March 2012.  I did have a very successful recon and I told her about every single aspect of my CRs and detailed that while my CR says I was late that I had bank records that show I've paid the note every month since August. I gavther the dates/amounts of each payment and she was impressed. So the Amazon was approved without having to do this and they didn't kick me dour to lates. I had to recon freedom because it was soon after my amazon app. 

And that why you were approved. If you have no explanation for the lates and they are legit they will deny you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Op's best bet is to wait until discover starts reporting and attempt GW on the lates in the mean time. Your late is still too recent and is a score/decision killer
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@LS2982. That would be true for freedom but that doesn't explain instant approval for Amazon visa. Additionally, Freedom app didn't pull any other CR. (they pulled EX and EQ for amazon). The CSR specifically said recon was necessary since I had just a couple days prior apped for another chase product.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think Chase Amazon is easier to get approved for than Freedom, IMO. It's like the ZYNC of Chase.The terms aren't really that great and they don't really have any decent offers..other than the Amazon gift card incentive.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.