Regular Contributor
TilltedBrim

1st date... Whip out the Discover?

Why do I feel that whipping out the Discover More on the first date wouldn't be very impressive?   :smileyindifferent: 

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Frequent Contributor
Razeus

Re: 1st date... Whip out the Discover?

It won't.

Use an AMEX instead.

It may backfire because she may think you are broke and having to use a credit card just to pay for the date...

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Regular Contributor
TilltedBrim

Ahhhh.... Excellent point. 

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Senior Contributor
john398

In the past I had dated someone new who said I have too many credit cards LOL

Regular Contributor
TilltedBrim

TilltedBrim wrote:

Ahhhh.... Excellent point. 

I almost forgot... I don't have a charge card.  :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

TilltedBrim wrote:

Why do I feel that whipping out the Discover More on the first date wouldn't be very impressive?   :smileyindifferent: 

because you probably had this thought in your mine for a while already now u feel it's not impressive. It's a subconscience thing!

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

I don't think anyone that is getting something for free should complain about the payment source. If they do not like it, invite them to take out their own. Someone who judges you based on a card may not be someone you want to date.

Established Contributor
andre181

1. Discover can be a hard bank to get in with. She/he should be impressed that you have a Discover.
  2. You shouldn't be trying to impress a potiential boy/girlfriend with a credit card. IMO, If someone is MORE interested in you because of the credit card you use, they are shallow and potentially a gold digger.

I had someone, who was very attractive, help me at a department store recently. But it wasn't until AFTER I pulled out my Amex BCE that they started to really be nice and flirt. Maybe I read too much into it, but that turned me off.

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Razeus wrote:

It won't.

Use an AMEX instead.

It may backfire because she may think you are broke and having to use a credit card just to pay for the date...

Been there, done that. Still bitter about it.

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

+10000000000 @ navigatethis12

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+