Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 / 3 Approved, I am done.

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: 2 / 3 Approved, I am done.

AFAIK amex isn't big on recons, but it is definitely worth a try, it isn't going to hurt you unless they decide to HP another CRA

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

AFAIK amex isn't big on recons, but it is definitely worth a try, it isn't going to hurt you unless they decide to HP another CRA

I think I've read here that Amex recons can likely result in an additional inquiry as if the credit report is innacurate (pretty much the only recon reason to my knowledge with them) they're going to want to see that on one's credit reports.

While there's probably no "poking the bear" issue here, and while I'm unquestionably one of the largest "inquiries aren't a big deal" proponent on this forum, I think it'd simply be better to walk away and apply for a charge card in 31 days.  The BCE is still in a different tier from an underwriting perspective than the Freedom or C1 Cash Rewards.  Maybe the easier revolver, Delta Skymiles or the like might be obtainable, but it really depends what's in the OP's report.

        
Message 12 of 13
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Cap Cash Rewards 2k

Chase Freedom 2k

Amex BCE - denied. 

Should I call for recon?

What was the reason for the denial?

when I click on detail, the site shows error. So I dont know. 

Same thing happen when I was denied for the BCE back in June. I received an error message every time I checked on detailed status, but when I called they said I was denied because of teletrack. You definitely want to correct/be ready to explain any reason for denial before you attempt recon. And it will be another hardpull.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.