Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex Approvals... When CLI?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 Amex Approvals... When CLI?

I know many times the 61 days doesn't apply anymore but my friend was approved 2 revolvers within a couple days of each other (applied same day)

Hilton - Instant approved $1800

Blue Cash Preferred - Went pending and approved for $5k a few days later.

They just wanted the Hilton for status and bonus and now will use the Blue as daily card so that's where the CLI is desired... Do they need to wait 61 days or try now?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Amex Approvals... When CLI?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I know many times the 61 days doesn't apply anymore but my friend was approved 2 revolvers within a couple days of each other (applied same day)

Hilton - Instant approved $1800

Blue Cash Preferred - Went pending and approved for $5k a few days later.

They just wanted the Hilton for status and bonus and now will use the Blue as daily card so that's where the CLI is desired... Do they need to wait 61 days or try now?

61 Days from the BCP approval. But 181 days before the next CLI regardless of card since they are both amex.

Message 2 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

For some they've been able to CLI at activation and then have to wait 90 days if denied.  Depends on how you want to roll the dice.  I applied for a CLI at activation and didn't get one but, at 90 days had success for 3X.  

Message 3 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Some reports say Amex want to see some activity first (61 days again?).

Last year my DW got the card, asked CLI, denied, 90 days later 3X. Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.