Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex Charge card apps

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

2 Amex Charge card apps

Ok folks. I was approved for the Amex Biz gold. 50k points with 5k spend and waived annual fee for the first year. Can't beat that. I also applied for that Amex Ameriprise offer for the Platinum card with the fee waived for the first year. Fingers crossed. Any insight if you get the 10-12 days message? I applied for both of them within minutes.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Amex Charge card apps

Unlike the past where multiple apps would be approved, I recall reading where Amex now automatically reviews a 2nd application.  

On your Ameriprise App, did they request or ask if you're an Ameriprise client?  I was considering app'ing for the same card.

Message 2 of 19
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Unlike the past where multiple apps would be approved, I recall reading where Amex now automatically reviews a 2nd application.  

On your Ameriprise App, did they request or ask if you're an Ameriprise client?  I was considering app'ing for the same card.

They did not.

Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Message 3 of 19
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

With their current sign up it definitely beats the regular Amex Plat sign-up by a lot.  Unless you get the 100k offer of course.

Message 4 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Open

I app'd for the Ameriprise Plat yesterday. The rep didn't ask one question about a relationship with Ameriprise. In fact, he wanted to know about how Amex cc's have changed since I received my first one back in '85. Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 19
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous

I app'd for the Ameriprise Plat yesterday. The rep didn't ask one question about a relationship with Ameriprise. In fact, he wanted to know about how Amex cc's have changed since I received my first one back in '85. Smiley Embarassed

You must have applied over the phone. I applied online.

Message 6 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous

You must have applied over the phone. I applied online.

Nope, online. I have a FA on my CRs, so I have to call in for verification. 

Message 7 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks!  Did you have a Platinum before?  I'm wondering if Amex will allow for a 2nd bonus on the Ameriprise one.

Message 8 of 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous

Hi Lexie, so no relationship is needed to be approved for the Play via Ameriprise? Or is it YMMV?

Message 9 of 19
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks!  Did you have a Platinum before?  I'm wondering if Amex will allow for a 2nd bonus on the Ameriprise one.

Very interested in finding out the answer to this. Except my situation is the reverse. I have the Ameriprise Plat (and I am an Ameriprise customer) but will probably cancel. If I later want one that's not co-branded will I be eligible for any sign up offers?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.