Did you mean: 

2 Amex card?

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2 Amex card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i am newbie here and never got 1 amex credit card before, i like to ask anyone know if i like to apply 2 amex credit card in 1 day. do American express approve it?  thanks alot here.

I did and was approved for both. I posted my experience and the detail behind the application a few days ago. Take a look. Hope it helps. 

-PointsYoda

How nice!!

You are the first data point that I know that get approved for 2 Amex credit cards on the same day!! Maybe it has something to do with soft pull approval that Amex recently implemented. Interesting to see how this can help people approved for multiple Amex cards on the same day.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this a few months ago.

One was approved and the other one set off a "something fishy is going on here" alarm, so I had to call and let them know I applied for two cards and they ended up approving both.  It was the Blue Cash and Everyday Card.  Yesterday they approved my Gold card so I guess I didn't make them too mad as long as I have a good standing with them.

Message 12 of 20
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did this a few months ago.

One was approved and the other one set off a "something fishy is going on here" alarm, so I had to call and let them know I applied for two cards and they ended up approving both.  It was the Blue Cash and Everyday Card.  Yesterday they approved my Gold card so I guess I didn't make them too mad as long as I have a good standing with them.

Wow, first post!! Welcome to the family lol Smiley Happy

Were your Blue Cash and Everyday cards approved on the same day? If different dates, how far apart?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the welcome Smiley Happy And yes approved same day.

I received a "Your American Express Application was Approved!" email (for the Blue Cash card) and a "please call this number because we need to clarify something" email (Everyday Card).  I called and it was about the 2nd application, they just wanted to make sure it was me, I did and the 2nd card was approved over the phone.

Message 14 of 20
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a "Your American Express Application was Approved!" email (for the Blue Cash card) and a "please call this number because we need to clarify something" email (Everyday Card).  I called and it was about the 2nd application, they just wanted to make sure it was me, I did and the 2nd card was approved over the phone.

Nice. I guess I need to change my perception on Amex application. I thought they hold the second credit card application until a few days later so people end up with 2 pulls. 

It's nice to hear that they are getting approved for 2 Amex credit cards on the same day!!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they were really cool about it, and I was a little greedy at the time after reading articles about how having both cards would be helpful, so I was like "oooh I should apply for the other one!" without even thinking about the pulls and about it happening on the same day.

Message 16 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice. I guess I need to change my perception on Amex application. I thought they hold the second credit card application until a few days later so people end up with 2 pulls. 

It's nice to hear that they are getting approved for 2 Amex credit cards on the same day!!

This actually isn't that rare... I've done it twice myself.  You probably don't read as much about it any more since so many Amex cardholders are getting second (and third) accounts with a soft pull even if not on the same day.  Here's a DoC article that tells more about it:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-credit-card-approvals-without-hard-pull/

In my own case, I applied for a Green card and BCP in the same day and both were instantly approved.  A year later I applied for a Delta Gold and PRG on the same day; the Delta was instantly approved, but I had to call about the PRG (I apped while using a VPN which likely caused it to be flagged).  I was unable to get through the day of my app but a couple of days later they called me and approved it over the phone.

What might be more rare is applying for two revolving accounts (or two charge cards) on the same day with both being approved by automation; I've read a report or two of this working but in most cases the second app takes a few days, and in the past was usually an additional HP (which is now YMMV - could be SP or HP).

Message 17 of 20
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This actually isn't that rare... I've done it twice myself.  You probably don't read as much about it any more since so many Amex cardholders are getting second (and third) accounts with a soft pull even if not on the same day.  Here's a DoC article that tells more about it:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-credit-card-approvals-without-hard-pull/

In my own case, I applied for a Green card and BCP in the same day and both were instantly approved.  A year later I applied for a Delta Gold and PRG on the same day; the Delta was instantly approved, but I had to call about the PRG (I apped while using a VPN which likely caused it to be flagged).  I was unable to get through the day of my app but a couple of days later they called me and approved it over the phone.

What might be more rare is applying for two revolving accounts (or two charge cards) on the same day with both being approved by automation; I've read a report or two of this working but in most cases the second app takes a few days, and in the past was usually an additional HP (which is now YMMV - could be SP or HP).

you may not quite understand why I was excited and happy for them... I know that if you apply for a charge and a credit card with Amex, you will end up with one HP, which your experience support that. I also can support that using my own experience. 

My excitement here is because two "rare" examples that you mentioned- applying for two Amex "credit" cards without any HPs.

Message 18 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@csryang wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you may not quite understand why I was excited and happy for them... I know that if you apply for a charge and a credit card with Amex, you will end up with one HP, which your experience support that. I also can support that using my own experience. 

My excitement here is because two "rare" examples that you mentioned- applying for two Amex "credit" cards without any HPs.

You're right... I overlooked that (not so) small detail - these are definitely examples to add to the previously mentioned 'rare' category!  Smiley Happy

To add another DP, my Everyday card was approved back in January with only a SP (at the time I already had BCP, PRG and Delta Gold - I closed the Delta a few months later).  The ED approval was the first time I didn't 'double dip' when apping with Amex (there was/is no other Amex card I'm interested in).

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The double up...worked for me
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.