Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex in one week!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Amex in one week!!!!

So I just landed a new job that requires me to do a lot of entertaining and dining.... Company is going to provide me a platinum Amex (rumor that we could get plum). If they add me as an AU, will it show up on my CR? Will it help my score? I worked at another pharmaceutical company few years back and they gave me the green Amex but didn't show up on my report at all, what should I do to make sure this Amex will help my credit profile?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Amex in one week!!!!

All the while, still waiting for my zync!!
Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the new job !    The majority of AMEX Corporate Cards don't show on your personal credit reports, unless they become deliquent and/or Charged Off.     Even if you are responsible for paying the bill or submitting Expense Reports, AMEX doesn't report.    People have asked AMEX about it before, but this seems to be their policy.

If you were a business owner and had a personally guaranteed card then it might show, but as an employee with a Corp Card it likely  won't report.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doh! No bueno, maybe I'll talk to my director to let me use my zync instead
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express Business Cards require a PG and they DO NOT report to personal credit unless Delinquent... and Amex gives a very large window of reporting lates and complete accunt closure. like 90+ days I have seen.

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a great idea ~ if you can get rewards for business spending it is certainly worth a shot.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much money are you looking to put on the card monthly?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Before you jump in using the Zync make sure you can personally float the bill if they are slow reimbursing you.

Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Before you jump in using the Zync make sure you can personally float the bill if they are slow reimbursing you.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My monthly expense acct allowance is between 3-5k a month, sometimes I would use up to 7k if there was talks or educational events. Or I needed was to email direct supervisor for approval. I was joking about zync, company is conservative and falls under sunshine act, no way theyll let me use the zync Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.