Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 BofA cards...transfer to 1?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 BofA cards...transfer to 1?

I have 2 bank of America 321 cards. One with a limit of $15,000 and 1 with a limit of $6,000.

Is there a way to have them put it all on 1 card?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 BofA cards...transfer to 1?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 bank of America 321 cards. One with a limit of $15,000 and 1 with a limit of $6,000.

Call em up. They will want an HP likely though.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went on their webpage and chatted with a CSR. They moved the limit from one card to another and closed the first card. Both cards were brand new but different ones. Try a CSR and then an analyst if that doesn't work. I know it can be done.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update*

I called...they analyst said she doesn't suggest closing the lower card...as it is my oldest line with them (4 years). I confirmed that I did not want a hard pull but I wanted to transfer the majority of my 6k line to my 15k line. She put me on hold...confirmed that with a soft pull she could transfer $5800 of the line. She said the other great thing is that when I am okay with a HP I could hit the love button and with my income and credit score shoot the line back up.

So now I have:
BofA at $20,800
BofA at $200
USAA $5,000
FCFCU $7500
SM $7500
AMEX $23,000
SLATE $5,700
VS $1885
Kohls $300

In a year I'll probably close out the lower BofA and Kohls when my AaoA matures. I'm sitting at 4.9 years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.