Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Buy Power cards

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

2 Buy Power cards

DW hit a Buy Power a couple of months ago with a $750 limit and credit steps.
(I wonder if her $24400.00) Venture can be in credit steps.
She just received a prequalified mailer with a specific APR (lower than the previous one) for the same card.
Anybody else have 2?
I wonder if they would combine them later
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: 2 Buy Power cards

@woodyman100 wrote:
DW hit a Buy Power a couple of months ago with a $750 limit and credit steps.
(I wonder if her $24400.00) Venture can be in credit steps.
She just received a prequalified mailer with a specific APR (lower than the previous one) for the same card.
Anybody else have 2?
I wonder if they would combine them later

Hey Woody!

As far as I know, Capital One is only allowing their non-cobranded cards to be combined at this time - that's not to say it won't change in the future, though.  If it were me, if the APR is significantly lower I might consider the new app.  If it's just 1% or so it likely wouldn't be worth it, especially if you never carry a balance anyway.

It's said that the cobrand cards generally don't require the triple-pull, so it wouldn't be as 'painful' as say going for another Venture or Quicksilver, but perhaps more important than the HP is the AAoA 'ding' - in my own case, that's actually more of a consideration than the HP... it might be different for you, though. 

I wish I had better info for you.  Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 5
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Thanks UncleB.

she isn't going to take the triple pull for the experiment, but it did get me to wondering.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Can't argue with not taking the triple pull!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The buypower is not a triple pull, unlike other cap one cards it only pulls one CRA, usually EQ.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.