Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

So far this Schwab card is the only one I heard of that gives at least 2% cash back on everything:

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/credit_card?cmsid=P-990780&lvl1=banking_lending&lvl2=credit_card

You need a Schwab brokerage account to access the 2% cash back.  Not sure if you need a Schwab brokerage account first before  the 2% back starts accumulating

Any other cards out there?

Unfortunately there's not promo APR rate on purchases.

The optimal card I would be looking for would have 12 months 0% APR on purchases plus some kind of nice rewards program.

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: 2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

You can get the brokerage account after you recieve the card. They dont force you to open before applying.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

so say you waited 3 months to open the brokerage account, all the while using the schwab card....would those 3months worth of cash back that you've earned be waiting for you when you open the brokerage account?

also, is the $1000 min to open the brokerage account waived when you already have a Schwab credit card?

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-06-2009 04:34 PM
Message 3 of 52
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

I dont believe so. FIA card services will be depositing the 2% cash back each month to the brokerage account. But call FIA just to be sure. Also, you actually dont need 1000 minimum when you open a schwab high interest checking account. no minimums whatsoever .Thats what I did (but I dont have the 2% cash back card).
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I like my freedom plus card that gives 3% on top 6 categories.

I don't think I will really ever find myself with over 6 categories, so I should always get 3%! 

Message 5 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info. How do I apply for Freedom Plus? I googled it and it looks like it's a Chase card, but I can't even find it on the Chase website.

I do see something called the Chase Freedom card, but it's only:

• 3% Bonus cash back on gas, groceries and fast food purchases for the first six months*
  • 1% Unlimited cash back on everything else. No cap. No expiration.* 
  • Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-06-2009 07:01 PM
    Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-06-2009 07:02 PM
    Message 6 of 52
    Creditaddict
    Legendary Contributor

hmmm... maybe apply for the freedom card and then when it comes call and ask for upgrade to Plus.  I don't see it on the website either.
    Message 7 of 52
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

hmm they do have a Chase Freedom for Business card that sounds like what you have Creditaddict.  Is yours a business card? 

Also, is it a no pre-set limit card?

Message 8 of 52
    Creditaddict
    Legendary Contributor

no, it's a personal card and it is not no preset spending limit.

speaking of business, can you product change a personal chase card into a business card?? 

Message 9 of 52
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

not sure. why would you want to do that? by the way, when did you get your freedom plus card?
    Message 10 of 52
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.