Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

My dad swapped out his Circuit City card for it and then we added me as joint!!

Well I recently also product changed a platinum card to a signature Southwest Card that I was also added as joint to and I have replaced the business Amex Charge with the Southwest Card.

So right now I'm not really worried about util because I made use the of the "signature" part of the credit card already and charged up over the limit and will have it paid down before the statement cuts so I have raised the "high balance" that will report to credit, but eventually as I pay down other debt, it would be nice to not have to pay before statement to protect util, if it was a business card I wouldn't have to worry about it. 

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok.  do you happen to know the month and year of when you got the freedom plus card?  that will help me figure out if Chase has discontinued it as a personal card since then.  I wonder if you got it before the "credit crunch" started.
Message 12 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ok.  do you happen to know the month and year of when you got the freedom plus card?  that will help me figure out if Chase has discontinued it as a personal card since then.  I wonder if you got it before the "credit crunch" started.
2 weeks ago.
Chase Freedom Visa is 3% for top 3 categories and has no annual fee.
Chase Freedom Plus Mastercard is 3% for top 6 categories and has an annual fee.
The people who obtained the freedom card over a year ago enjoy the original benefits for free that are now covered under the plus card with an annual fee. 

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.  however I theinformation about regular Chase Freedom card I saw on website says

• 3% Bonus cash back on gas, groceries and fast food purchases for the first six months*
  • 1% Unlimited cash back on everything else. No cap. No expiration.* 
  •  

Where can I find the Chase Freedom card you're talking about?  I'd love 3% on top 3 categories for the life of the card

Message 14 of 52
    Creditaddict
    Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks.  however I theinformation about regular Chase Freedom card I saw on website says

• 3% Bonus cash back on gas, groceries and fast food purchases for the first six months*
  • 1% Unlimited cash back on everything else. No cap. No expiration.* 
  •  

Where can I find the Chase Freedom card you're talking about?  I'd love 3% on top 3 categories for the life of the card

I believe if you read into it more, they are offering the benefits of the Plus card for the first 6 months, then it will revert to the 3% for top 3 categories instead of 6.
    1% for all other purchases that don't fall into your top 3 categories  

Message 15 of 52
    MojaveMoon
    Established Contributor

Fidelity Retirement Rewards American Express with 2% cash back on everything

http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/buffers/retirement-rewards-card.shtml.cvsr

(Even though Fidelity calls this a "retirement rewards" card, The fine print reveals that you can choose to have the rewards deposited into any Fidelity account including a Fidelity brokerage account:

http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/buffers/retirement-rewards-card_faq.shtml

"What accounts are eligible for a Fidelity Rewards deposit?

Individual Retirement Account registrations include Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA, and SEP IRA. Other Fidelity accounts that can accept rewards are non-retirement brokerage accounts and Fidelity-managed 529 Plan accounts that accept Automated Clearing House ("ACH" ) deposits.
    "
    Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-06-2009 11:25 PM
    Message 16 of 52
    MojaveMoon
    Established Contributor

There's also this:

Emigrant Direct World Mastercard
    http://www.emigrantdirectmastercard.com/

1.5% on the first $ 10,000 in purchases and 1.4% thereafter as long as you maintain a minimum balance of $ 10,000 in the Emigrant Direct savings account

and this:

HSBC Weekend Card (link)

- Earn 2% cash back on Saturday and Sunday on every card purchase, everywhere.
    - Also earn 1% cash back on card purchases Monday through Friday.
    Message 17 of 52
    MojaveMoon
    Established Contributor

And on another forum, a member last month said this regarding the Fidelity Visa Signature ...

"Spoke with CSR. The 1.5% Fido Visa card will not be upgraded to 2% until after the intial AMEX offer has enough participants to make it a "stable account". The CSR mentioned that this promotional period is typically 6-12 mos. After then, I was lead to believe that the Visa card will get bumped up."
    Message 18 of 52
    cobaltnv
    Established Contributor

MojaveMoon,  
    As I think we have discussed before I have the Fidelity Visa Signature card. With the new 2% back Fidelity AMEX I have been wondering what is going to happen with the Visa. Do you remember what thread the quote below came from? I have tired in vain to find it.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers 

@MojaveMoon wrote:
    And on another forum, a member last month said this regarding the Fidelity Visa Signature ...

"Spoke with CSR. The 1.5% Fido Visa card will not be upgraded to 2% until after the intial AMEX offer has enough participants to make it a "stable account". The CSR mentioned that this promotional period is typically 6-12 mos. After then, I was lead to believe that the Visa card will get bumped up."

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
    Frequently Requested Threads
    Understanding your Fico Score
    Message 19 of 52
    WhirledPeasPlease
    Moderator Emeritus

cobaltnv wrote:
    MojaveMoon,  
    As I think we have discussed before I have the Fidelity Visa Signature card. With the new 2% back Fidelity AMEX I have been wondering what is going to happen with the Visa. Do you remember what thread the quote below came from? I have tired in vain to find it.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers 

@MojaveMoon wrote:

Cobalt:  MM stated that that quote came from another forum. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
    4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
    4/18/12 -- EQ 498
    12/5/13 -- EQ 669
    Here we go.... back on track.
    Message 20 of 52
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.