Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

tag
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: 2%+ Cash Back on Everything Cards

Here is the link to the Chase cards.  The Freedom Plus is the darker blue one and the caption above it says earn triple miles.  However, after obtaining the card you can switch at any time from miles to cash back.  Annual fee $30 waived for the first year if my memory serves me correctly.

https://www.chase.com/ccpmweb/card_servicing/document/credit-cards-at-chase.html

Message 21 of 52
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Thanks for the clarification WPP. I did not catch that the quote was from another forum. I spend so much time on here that I forget that other forums exist Smiley Very Happy
@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Cobalt:  MM stated that that quote came from another forum. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 22 of 52
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

hemi961 wrote:

Here is the link to the Chase cards.  The Freedom Plus is the darker blue one and the caption above it says earn triple miles.  However, after obtaining the card you can switch at any time from miles to cash back.  Annual fee $30 waived for the first year if my memory serves me correctly.

https://www.chase.com/ccpmweb/card_servicing/document/credit-cards-at-chase.html

Thanks for finding and posting this! This card is well-hidden these days. As I recall, this happened at about the same time Chase backed off a bit on the rewards on the straight Freedom card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that some Chase applications ask for your work phone #

Is this new?

Do they call it?  I think my employer would be really annoyed.

by the way, Creditaddict can you check and see if you have the Chase Freedom for Business card?  the non-business Chase Freedom card does not have the characteristics you described as far as I can tell from the website.

yes there is a non-business Chase Freedom Plus  but that doesn't have the 0%APR promo rate on purchases that regular Chase Freedom has

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-07-2009 05:50 PM
Message 24 of 52
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Hi cobaltnv    I sent you a PM
Message 25 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed that some Chase applications ask for your work phone #

Is this new?

Do they call it?  I think my employer would be really annoyed.

by the way, Creditaddict can you check and see if you have the Chase Freedom for Business card?  the non-business Chase Freedom card does not have the characteristics you described as far as I can tell from the website.

yes there is a non-business Chase Freedom Plus  but that doesn't have the 0%APR promo rate on purchases that regular Chase Freedom has

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-07-2009 05:50 PM

I Have NO Chase Business Credit Cards. They won't ever approve the applications! (tried 2)

Message 26 of 52
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Thanks MojaveMoon I appreciate the info!
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
ok.  do you happen to know the month and year of when you got the freedom plus card?  that will help me figure out if Chase has discontinued it as a personal card since then.  I wonder if you got it before the "credit crunch" started.

I was preapproved at my Chase branch when I went in to make a deposit. I had a choice of several cards, one of which was Choice Freedom Plus. I asked for that.

What I received, however, was the signature card. I went back to the branch and requested the change, so there would be no limit on the 3%. They changed my rewards program to Freedom Plus, but I still have the signature card and my statements still show that it's a signature card, with Freedom Plus rewards. How's that for odd? I am receiving the 3% with no limit, so I'm not going to worry about it. Signature/regular - - - doesn't matter to me (although I like the $1 million travel insurance feature since my husband does a lot of travelling).

l got the card in December and changed the reward program in January, so it is still very much an active program.

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheech, thanks for the info.   Can you explain the travel insurance to me? what does it cover?  I'm not familiar with these travel insurance programs
Message 29 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Cheech, thanks for the info.   Can you explain the travel insurance to me? what does it cover?  I'm not familiar with these travel insurance programs

There are several features --- like lost luggage insurance (usually capped at $300), assistance if your flight is canceled or delayed, but most of those I don't really care about. Our main concern is the accidental death/dismemberment clauses.  You don't like to even THINK about something like that, but one never knows. In the case of this card, there is a $1 million life insurance policy in the event of accidental death when you are on a commercial method of transportation, including common carrier transportation to and from the airport. Bottom line: if the plane crashes and you, as a cardholder, die, the policy pays $1 million to your beneficiary. Since you have probably not named a beneficiary (who does that on this type of policy?) they go down the line through the standard beneficiaries; spouses, children, parents, etc. Of course, if you have a claim, you have to contact THEM--they won't go looking for you. The coverage is free, and just part of the benefits of the card.

Some other cards offer $100,000 insurance. Some offer $500,000. Some offer lost luggage, but not life insurance. I have two cards that offer $1 million, so we use those two for his travel. Obviously, you have to use the card to have paid for 100% of the cost of the transportation to be eligible for the coverage.

Dig out the "benefits and features" pamphlets associated with your credit card(s). If travel insurance is included, it will all be detailed there. If you don't have those pamphlets, just call the card company and ask them to send you a copy. ;-)

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.