Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2% CashBack Visa from FNBO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2% CashBack Visa from FNBO

I like 2% back Visa on anything. The Citi/Costco Visa is awesome at 4% for gas and 3% on restaurants and travel and 2% at Costco, but anywhere else it's only 1%.

I'd like to establish relationship with FBNO, but I was declined 16 months ago on the basis of BK only.

I repeat my question to my fellow MyFico friends:

Has anyone been approved with BK discharged over 4 years ago?

It was filed Feb 2012 and Discharged June 2012.

I really appreciate your help.

Message 21 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO has rebulder cards and yes they will approve with BK for these, demonstrate you can handle the credit then they will start approving you for their better offer cards. As far as the APR they are easy to get a reduction on, just call every 6 months and ask for a lower rate if your FIco and payment history with them is good odds are you will get up to a 2% reduction at a time, I tried to get one on Bucksback but was told that one is at minimum already, currently 11.25%

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not looking for a secured card. I had reestablished good credit in the past 4 and half year. I didn't even have to apply for a single secured card. Capital One and Discover and Bank of America and even Citi took me back even though they were IIB! 

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with similar Experian Score (727) no late payments and over 4 years after BK discharged was approved for a regular FNBO??

Message 23 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just a fyi, looks like EQ pull on this card. I thought it would be EX. It was a EX HP for the Amex cobranded. 

Message 24 of 29
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

To answer the OP's question directly, I was approved last year for the NRA Visa. My BK was just over 5 years old at that point.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:
To answer the OP's question directly, I was approved last year for the NRA Visa. My BK was just over 5 years old at that point.

Just over 5 years from filling date or discharge?

Message 26 of 29
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

5 years from discharge. It was a BK7.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 27 of 29
creditfan
Established Contributor

the last year bucksback deal the points expire in 3 years whereas this one will never expire

well, but not be a good card for those who care about apr though

Message 28 of 29
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I have read many posts about apr on reward cards and could never see the relevance! Reward cards are not meant to have apr that you would want to carry a balance on. Is that simple.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.