Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Citi Secured Cards...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

2 Citi Secured Cards...

Has anyone opened two Citi secured cards at same time?  Or has anyone had two at the same time?

Will they allow two to be opened?

I have one that is due to graduate next may and I wanted to open two more with 5k deposits on each

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Citi Secured Cards...

I didn't even know Citi offers secure cards. All I ever see are their upper tier cards for excellent credit. What  cards are they? (secured)

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Yes they do, its a Silver Mastercard.  Go to branch and get paper application and fill out if you want one.

CL bet 200 and 5k in a 18 month CD

You cannot add funds to the CD once its established

APR is high, above 18 %

I think 20 day grace

29.00 annual fee

Message 3 of 15
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Has anyone opened two Citi secured cards at same time?  Or has anyone had two at the same time?

Will they allow two to be opened?

I have one that is due to graduate next may and I wanted to open two more with 5k deposits on each

Thanks

If citi is willing to graduate the secured card then they obviously trust you plus you have a positive payment history with them.  Why wouldn't you just try and apply for a unsecured card? 

Message 4 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I can't get a regular card with them now...4 yr old bk...so my thought was to get (2) secured cards, 5k each, let them graduate then do (2) PC's

Message 5 of 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Andy77: RATS!! They closed the Citibank in my town late last year and I have no idea how far away the next nearest one is. Probably a good thing though since I've been advised to stand pat with what I have for a while. But it's good to know they do offer a SC.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

How long has it tooken for your card to graduate?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Citi is one of the few lenders that doesn't allow secure cards to be obtained online. They must be obtained at a branch only. I think Wells Fargo does this too.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

It takes 18 months to graduate

Message 9 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Great! Cant wait to open my Checking acct with them looks like Im lucky to have one 13 mins away from my home. 

#MakingProgress

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.