Established Contributor

2 Citi Secured Cards...

[ Edited ]

Has anyone opened two Citi secured cards at same time?  Or has anyone had two at the same time?

Will they allow two to be opened?

I have one that is due to graduate next may and I wanted to open two more with 5k deposits on each

Thanks

Established Contributor

Re: 2 Citi Secured Cards...

I didn't even know Citi offers secure cards. All I ever see are their upper tier cards for excellent credit. What  cards are they? (secured)

Established Contributor

Yes they do, its a Silver Mastercard.  Go to branch and get paper application and fill out if you want one.

CL bet 200 and 5k in a 18 month CD

You cannot add funds to the CD once its established

APR is high, above 18 %

I think 20 day grace

29.00 annual fee

Valued Contributor

Andy77 wrote:

Has anyone opened two Citi secured cards at same time?  Or has anyone had two at the same time?

Will they allow two to be opened?

I have one that is due to graduate next may and I wanted to open two more with 5k deposits on each

Thanks

If citi is willing to graduate the secured card then they obviously trust you plus you have a positive payment history with them.  Why wouldn't you just try and apply for a unsecured card? 

Established Contributor

I can't get a regular card with them now...4 yr old bk...so my thought was to get (2) secured cards, 5k each, let them graduate then do (2) PC's

Established Contributor

@Andy77: RATS!! They closed the Citibank in my town late last year and I have no idea how far away the next nearest one is. Probably a good thing though since I've been advised to stand pat with what I have for a while. But it's good to know they do offer a SC.

Senior Contributor

How long has it tooken for your card to graduate?

Valued Contributor

Citi is one of the few lenders that doesn't allow secure cards to be obtained online. They must be obtained at a branch only. I think Wells Fargo does this too.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Established Contributor

It takes 18 months to graduate

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great! Cant wait to open my Checking acct with them looks like Im lucky to have one 13 mins away from my home. 

#MakingProgress

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.