cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(2) Citi cards under one online account.

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

(2) Citi cards under one online account.

So I have (2) new Citi cards, but when I try to add them to my existing online account it does not let me. It indicates that I have to create a separate account for each. I can't imagine this being true. Is there any way to surpass this? Thanks

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
littlelottie
Valued Member

Re: (2) Citi cards under one online account.

@nenuco wrote:

So I have (2) new Citi cards, but when I try to add them to my existing online account it does not let me. It indicates that I have to create a separate account for each. I can't imagine this being true. Is there any way to surpass this? Thanks

That's odd. I have two Citi cards as well and they show up together on one account.  Have you tried contacting customer service?  

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

Message 3 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Is one of them a co-branded card? Like American Airlines, Home Depot, AT&T, etc?

Message 4 of 9
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Two of them are Hilton, but I applied through the Citi website. Thanks

Message 5 of 9
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I have my 2 cities with the same online Id, Def should call them.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

So you have 1 purely Citi card and 2 Hilton cards right?

I don't think you can put co-branded card together with pure Citi card. In my case I have Forward and ThankYou Preferred under one account, but AT&T on separate account. Like you said, Citi wouldn't let me add AT&T to my existing Citi account.

Message 7 of 9
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

So you have 1 purely Citi card and 2 Hilton cards right?

I don't think you can put co-branded card together with pure Citi card. In my case I have Forward and ThankYou Preferred under one account, but AT&T on separate account. Like you said, Citi wouldn't let me add AT&T to my existing Citi account.

That sounds absurd. How inconvinient is this. My Chase Hyatt can be seen under the same account as my Chase Freedom and CSP. 

Message 8 of 9
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

I can confirm that you cannot mix cobranded cards with regular cards.  Is it inconvenient, absolutely.  Is it a bit dumb, sure.  But, there is no way around this that I have found and I have contact Citi about once every six months about a possible "fix" and that has never happened.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.